Top Reasons to Visit Jailer’s Inn Bed and Breakfast
- The bed and breakfast is located on the property of the old Nelson County Jail, which incarcerated prisoners from 1797 to 1987. Many believe the property is haunted by the spirits of executed prisoners.
- Jailer's Inn was named the quirkiest lodging in America by TripAdvisor.
- Private rooms decorated with antiques and heirlooms are located in the renovated front jail behind iron bars and 30-inch-thick stone walls.
- You can take a free tour of the historic back jail, which has remained unchanged since it was built in 1874.
- Each morning, the innkeeper sets out a full breakfast. In the spring and summer, guests can enjoy their breakfast in the courtyard, which may have once housed the Nelson County gallows.
- Jailer's Inn is located in Bardstown, Kentucky, which is called the bourbon capital of the world.
- Click here to view a list of ghost stories associated with the property.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.