All-Inclusive Jamaican Resort with 18-Hole Championship Golf Course
Though many hotels tout their good service, few can say that their staff members will swim to your pool float to replenish a drink. At Jewel Runaway Bay Resort, the pool concierge does just that. The concierge also delivers skewers of fresh fruit, cold face towels, and housemade "gem of the day" cocktails in flavors that include Jamaican ginger and lychee. You can learn how to make these tropical concoctions yourself during afternoon mixology classes.
In addition to its luxurious service, the hotel offers a range of complimentary activities, including beach volleyball, tennis, and aerobics classes in the ocean. You can laze in a poolside hammock or take to the waters on one of the multicolored catamarans or kayaks clustered along the white-sand beach. For an especially scenic pursuit, head to Jewel's 18-hole championship golf course, a challenging layout that has hosted the Ryder Cup and Heineken World Cup qualifier and is known for its long, rolling fairways.
During your stay, dine at any of the property's six restaurants and bars. After dinner, the hotel’s nightclub, aglow with disco balls and neon spotlights, fuels dance marathons into the wee hours.
Highlights of Runaway Bay, Jamaica
- Secluded town that Lonely Planet calls "a one-street village”
- Noticeably quieter than its tourist-clogged neighbors
- Stunning underwater sights at a coral reef just offshore
- Distance from Dunn's River Falls: 14 miles
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the best way to travel to the hotel from the airport?
This Groupon's all-inclusive package includes shuttle transportation to and from Sangster International Airport (MBJ).
2. Is there an additional occupancy fee, or do I have to purchase another Groupon?
The Groupon covers two guests. The valid room types have a maximum of two adults and two kids 14 or younger. Kids aged 6–14 may stay for $50 per night, and kids 5 or younger stay free.
3. Will I be approached to attend a timeshare sales presentation?
Timeshares are common in Jamaica and so are the sales pitches that accompany them. You may be asked at hotel check-in if you are interested in attending sales presentation. If you don’t want to attend, simply decline and you won’t be approached again. If you decline a presentation, you will not lose the value of your Groupon or have to pay additional fees.
4. Which activities and amenities are included in the resort credits?
No resort credits are included in this Groupon.
5. Are dinner reservations required for restaurants? Is there a dress code?
Reservations are required at Jade Samurai and Golden Sabre Sushi. Dress codes vary depending on the restaurant, click here for details.