Top Reasons to Stay at Kavanaugh’s Sylvan Lake Resort
- It’s located on the shores of Upper Sylvan Lake. You’ll have access to a variety of outdoor activities nearby, including boating and enjoying a night around the campfire.
- You can hike across the resort’s nature trails, or go for a bike ride on the nearby Paul Bunyan Trail, one of the longest continuously paved trails in the United States.
- The resort’s recreation complex includes an indoor pool and whirlpool, a fitness room, and a game room.
- Gas fireplaces and decks come standard in every room.
- Activities and amenities are seasonal and subject to weather conditions.
Brainerd Lakes Area, Minnesota: Outdoor Haven with More Than 500 Lakes and Snowy Wooded Trails
More than 500 lakes and rivers make up the Brainerd Lakes area in northeastern Minnesota. The forested region is just a two-hour drive from the Twin Cities, making it a popular retreat for city dwellers. The most popular hike is the Paul Bunyan Trail, a paved, 110-mile path named after the legendary lumberjack, whom Brainerd claims as a native son.
The region offers a wealth of opportunities for winter-sports enthusiasts. Miles of snowmobiling, snowshoeing, and cross-country-skiing trails are available. At nearby Mount Ski Gull, visitors can enjoy snowboarding, tubing, and downhill skiing. The walleye fishing here is particularly good. Brainerd’s also known for its annual ice-fishing tournament, held every January.