Tour Turkey’s Distinctive Geography and Ancient Architecture from Ottoman and Greco-Roman Empires
This tour includes:
- Round-trip international airfare and airport taxes
- 3 nights’ superior first-class accommodations at 4-star Hilton Parksa Istanbul
- 1 night’s superior first-class accommodations at 5-star Barceló Ankara Altinel
- 2 nights’ first-class accommodations at 4-star Lykia Lodge Kapadokya
- 1 night’s first-class accommodations at 4-star Pam Thermal Hotel
- 2 nights’ first-class accommodations at 5-star Charisma De Luxe Hotel Kusadasi
- 1 night’s superior first-class accommodations at 5-star Kolin Hotel
- Exstensive sightseeing tours and entrance fees
- Professional tour director throughout the trip
- Touring by modern air-conditioned motorcoach
- Arrival and departure transfers
- 10 breakfasts and 7 dinners
On this 12-day tour of Turkey, you’ll visit vibrant Istanbul, swing through the capital of Ankara, and then see ancient ruins at Ephesus and Troy. Click here to see a full daily itinerary.
Days 1–4: Istanbul
After an overnight flight, you'll touch down in Istanbul, where an escort will accompany you to the Hilton Hotel Parksa. On day 3, you're free to take in the sights and sounds of the city at your leisure.
Optional tour: a full-day tour of Istanbul, stopping at Topkapi Palace. Built in the late 15th century, this grand labyrinthine structure was home to several sultans during the Ottoman Empire. See the Hippodrome, a former site of chariot races, featuring Grecian, Egyptian, and German monuments. The tour also visits the spectacular Hagia Sophia, a former Orthodox basilica and mosque. You can experience the Sultan Ahmed Mosque (or Blue Mosque), Basilica Cistern, and the Grand Bazaar, as well. ($75/person)
Optional tour: tour the Hagia Sophia before a cruise along the Bosphorus waterway. You will see dramatic sights along the wooded shores, including mansions of the Ottoman elite, mosques, and a fortress built by Mehmed the Conqueror. ($45/person)
Optional tour: experience a drive through illuminated Istanbul before dinner at a first-class restaurant. Dinner includes a half bottle of wine or soft drink and features belly dancers and an Anatolian cultural folklore entertainment group. ($80/person)
Day 5: Ankara
At Turkey's modern-day capital city, Ankara, you'll pay a visit to the Museum of Anatolian Civilizations. Its collection of archeological artifacts—some of which are up to 8,000 years old—includes ancient cuneiform tablets, marble statues, and folk pottery.
Day 6: Cappadocia
The next stop is the Cappadocia region, a landscape that resembles the face of the moon with its caves, tunnels, and towers.
Optional tours: an early-morning balloon tour ($200/person) or a full-day tour of Cappadocia ($70/person)
Days 7–9: Pamukkale and Kusadasi
In Pamukkale, therapeutic hot springs trickle through white rock terraces. High atop these travertine formations stand the ruins of the ancient city of Hierapolis, which legend says was founded by the Roman god Apollo. You’ll spend day 9 in Kusadasi, site of several religious artifacts.
Optional tour: visit the ancient site of Ephesus, a town that played a crucial role in early Christianity. ($75/person)
Day 10: Pergamum and Troy
A jaunt to Pergamum allows a glimpse of Zeus's altar, followed by a tour of ancient Troy, complete with a replica of the Trojan horse. The waterfront town of Çanakkale serves as home base for the night.
Days 11–12: Gallipoli
When you arrive at Gallipoli, you can explore Anzac Cove, site of the famous World War I battle. You’ll cross the Dardanelles Strait and then spend the night in Istanbul. The next day, you'll board a shuttle to the airport for your homebound flight.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much would it cost to fly from an airport not listed as part of this deal?
Please contact Key Tours directly at 800-576-1784 ext. 3 or email@example.com for a free quote that includes departures from airports not listed as part of this deal.
2. Can we extend our trip before or after the promotional dates for the deal?
Yes, any applicable supplements, based on this request, would be paid directly to Key Tours at the time of booking.
3. How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available?
Please contact Key Tours directly at 800-576-1784 ext. 3 or firstname.lastname@example.org with all your availability questions.
4. What happens if I buy the Groupon and my travel dates are not available?
Key Tours will suggest alternative travel dates or Groupon will process a refund for your voucher.
5. Does my child need a Groupon, and can they stay in my room?
Please contact Key Tours directly at 800-576-1784 ext. 3 or email@example.com for information on child rates and reductions.