Keytours Vacations: 3,500+ of our travelers served since 2012.
Tour the Ancient Wonders of the Mediterranean
Fly to Greece for a seven-day tour of Athens, Delphi, and Metéora. First, you’ll briefly explore the Greek capital on your own, getting a feel for the culture, people, and food. Then, with an escort, you’ll tour the ruins of Delphi and the dramatic landscape of Metéora, where centuries-old—and still occupied—monasteries are perched atop steep rock formations. You’ll end your trip with two more days of independent sightseeing in Athens, which is the perfect chance to visit various museums and sites of antiquity. This tour from Keytours Vacations includes:
Flights & Transportation
- Round-trip airfare from
- New York (JFK)
- Boston (BOS)
- Washington, DC (IAD)
- Miami (MIA)
- Chicago (ORD)
- San Francisco (SFO)
- Los Angeles (LAX)
- Atlanta (ATL)
- For additional departure airports/pricing, contact Keytours Vacations at (800) 576-1784.
- Airline & flight times determined at time of booking
Standard Hotels (5 nights + 1 overnight flight)
- 4 nights of accommodations at Hotel Polis Grand, Ilissos Hotel, or similar in Athens
- 1 night of accommodations at Orfeas Hotel or Antoniadis Hotel in Kalampaka
Upgraded Hotels (5 nights + 1 overnight flight)
- 4 nights of accommodations at Athenaeum Grand Hotel, Athenian Callirhoe Hotel, or similar in Athens
- 1 night of accommodations at Divani Meteora or Amalia Hotel in Kalampaka
Attractions & Meals
- Daily breakfast and one dinner
- Tickets to the New Acropolis Museum, an angular, modernistic building acts as a contemporary counterpart to the original Acropolis. Among its thousands of artifacts: a marble statue of Athena and a terra cotta sculpture of Nike.
- 2-day/1-night escorted tour to Delphi and Metéora
- Visit to the archaeological site of Delphi (entrance fees included), home to a shrine to Apollo where priestesses churned out prophecies starting in 1400 BC and the Tholos, a circle of ancient columns
- Visit to the Metéora Eastern Orthodox monasteries (entrance fees included), which are precipitously built on natural rock columns amid the mountains
- Panathenaic Stadium in Athens: Site of the first modern Summer Games in 1896, this ancient structure was built entirely from marble.
- Central Market in Athens: Browse fresh seafood, artisan cheeses, and vegetables from nearby farmers; the lamb-based patsas soup is a local favorite. Natives call this bazaar the “varvakios agora.”
- Spend a night on the town in Athen’s Psiri district, where you can dance in lively nightclubs and drink ouzo in its taverns.
Itinerary at a Glance
- Day 1: Fly overnight to Athens.
- Day 2: Check in to your hotel upon arrival. Spend the rest of the day at leisure in Athens.
- Day 3: After breakfast, depart in the morning by coach bus for Delphi. Visit the archaeological site and enjoy the scenery from the slopes of Mount Parnassus. Continue through picturesque villages in the afternoon on your way to Kalambaka, where dinner and an overnight stay are included.
- Day 4: After breakfast, visit the centuries-old Eastern Orthodox monasteries of Metéora, which are perched atop rock formations. Return to Athens late in the evening after a short stop in Thermopylae to visit the Leonidas Monument.
- Day 5: Following breakfast, explore Athens at your leisure. Keytours Vacations recommends a day cruise via catamaran to the nearby islands of Hydra, Poros, and Aegina; lunch is served aboard. (This tour is not included in the deal; $120 per person.)
- Day 6: After breakfast, spend the day at leisure in Athens. Keytours Vacations recommends taking this day to use your ticket at the Acropolis Museum and visit the archaeological site, which includes the Parthenon.
- Day 7: Following breakfast, travel to the airport for your return flight.
How to Book
1. Choose departure city and dates from drop-down menus or “See Options” button.
2. Complete your order; a confirmation email is sent after your order processes.
3. Book your trip: Go to your account to view your voucher for Keytours Vacations contact and redemption instructions. Book by 8/20/17.
Each person must buy a voucher; price is based on two people traveling together and sharing a room. Additional $300 fee (standard hotels) or $350 fee (upgraded hotels) to travel solo.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much would it cost to fly from an airport not listed as part of this deal? Please contact Keytours Vacations at (800) 576-1784 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Can we extend our trip before or after the promotional dates for the deal? You can extend your trip before or after joining the actual program.
3. How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available? Please contact Keytours Vacations at (800) 576-1784 or email email@example.com.
4. What happens if I buy the voucher and my travel dates are not available? We will offer you alternative dates for your consideration.
5. Does my child need a voucher, and can they stay in my room? Please contact Keytours Vacations at (800) 576-1784 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.