Top Reasons to Visit Kingwood Country Club & Resort
- Kingwood Country Club & Resort is situated in the midst of the Blue Ridge Mountains of northern Georgia, with easy access to hiking trails, whitewater rafting, and trout fishing.
- Inn rooms have private balconies with nice views of the surrounding mountains.
- Some options include a round of golf for one on the resort’s picturesque 18-hole course, featuring meandering brooks and lush hardwoods.
- Use the spa credit included in some options toward an enzymatic seaweed body wrap or mineral sea salt scrub at the onsite spa.
- The park puts you next to Black Rock Mountain State Park, home to canoeing, kayaking, and fishing.
- The resort has three dining options: two casual eateries and The Lodge, an upscale restaurant that overlooks the ninth-hole green.
Clayton, Georgia: Small Mountain Town with a Quaint Downtown
Clayton sits in the misty shadows of the Blue Ridge Mountains in northeastern Georgia. Outdoor adventure abounds in the small town—head to nearby Black Rock Mountain State Park to tackle forested hiking trails such as the Ada-Hi Falls trail, a half-mile track that leads to a small waterfall, or the more challenging 2.2-mile Tennessee Rock trail. You can fish for rainbow trout and large-mouth bass in Black Rock Lake, about 20 minutes north of the resort.
Downtown Clayton has a main street lined with quaint boutiques, antique stores, and an old-fashioned drug store and soda fountain. There’s also a thriving arts scene. Featured in the New York Times and Better Homes and Gardens, Main Street Gallery stocks original artwork, pottery, and handcrafted furniture.