Hotel at a Glance: Lighthouse Inn
Lighthouse Inn—located a few steps from Oregon’s Cannon Beach—has just eight one-bedroom suites. The charming inn is tucked among trees, giving the place a far-flung, intimate feel. Guests can enjoy a nice walk along the sandy beach or in downtown Cannon Beach, a popular resort area.
- Only one block away admire the view of iconic Haystack Rock, a 235-foot-high sea stack.
- Walk to everything: The shops, restaurants, and galleries of downtown Cannon Beach are a five-minute walk away, and the entrance to Haystack Rock is two blocks away.
- Home-like suites: Each one-bedroom suite has a kitchenette, a master bedroom, and a separate dining area, all adorned with warm beach tones.
- Complimentary breakfast buffet is served daily in the art gallery of the inn’s sister property, the Inn at Cannon Beach, about a mile down the road. Bagels, waffles, yogurt, fruit, and other items are included.
- Make a toast: This deal includes a $20 credit per stay to Wine Shack, just a half mile down the road.
- Hot tip: The Cannon Beach shuttle stops 1.5 blocks away from the inn; it takes visitors to downtown and back again.
Cannon Beach, Oregon: Quaint Coastal Hamlet with Artistic Vibe
The most notable feature of the skyline in Cannon Beach is an enormous rock. That would be Haystack Rock, a 235-foot monolith rising from the sea along the Oregon coast. Tucked between forested hills and the Pacific Ocean, Cannon Beach is a beauty, with dramatic sunsets, wide-open expanses of sand, and gentle waves. Head to nearby Ecola State Park for the full view, complete with migrating gray whales in the distance. You can also take to hiking trails once traversed by members of the Lewis and Clark expedition.
In town, there’s a palpable artistic vibe. Public art installations are scattered throughout, and the streets are lined with local galleries, cedar-shingled boutiques, and wine bars. You can watch a glassblower craft colorful baubles, snag tickets to a live show, or browse the booths at one of the annual art festivals.
Book a spring break trip for the chance to win a second trip!