Rustic Oceanfront Cabins on Private Beach near Coral Reef
The king of reggae, Bob Marley, built a vacation house in laid-back Little Bay, Jamaica. Rumor has it he penned several songs in his Little Bay home, including “Mr. Brown” and “Rock is My Pillow.” You can enjoy the area just as the legendary crooner did by staying in Little Bay Cabins’ seaside cottages, which are clustered along a stretch of private beach. Just steps from the sand, the seven oceanfront cabins feature showers made of stone and wood-paneled walls adorned with Jamaican art.
- Go for a swim in the ocean’s clear, turquiose-blue waters that lie just steps away. Kayaking and snorkeling equipment are also available.
- Enjoy curried conch and lobster at Lean Back Bar and Lounge, which serves fresh farm-to-table cuisine.
- Included tours: Enjoy a tour of a bat cave as well as a walking tour that brings guests to the site of Bob Marley’s former beach house as well as to his swimming hole.
Little Bay, Jamaica: Remote Beaches, Snorkeling, and Scenic Hikes
A remote town on Jamaica’s southwestern coast, Little Bay is considered to be one of the most off-the-beaten path regions of the isle. In other words, this is where Jamaicans come to get away from it all—it’s one of the most laid-back spots in a country that already prizes relaxation. Little Bay charms with its sandy beaches, tropical flora, and natural landscapes. If you want to blend in with the locals, try greeting friends with “Wa go on,” a casual saying that loosely means “What’s going on.”
Farther inland, the mountainous terrain harbors several eco-tourism attractions including hiking, ziplining, and waterfall tours. Take a 90-minute drive north to reach the cascading YS Falls or Mayfield Falls, where you can wade in 21 natural pools shaded by exotic tropical flowers and ferns. Or stay close to Little Bay by visiting the white-sand beaches and coral reefs of Negril.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the best way to travel to the hotel from the airport? The best airport to fly in/out of is Sangster International Airport in Montego Bay (airport code: MBJ). Travel time from the airport to the hotel is approximately 1 hour and 45 minutes one-way and a shuttle costs $120 for two people each way.
2. Is there an additional occupancy fee, or do I have to purchase another Groupon? The standard and maximum occupancy for the seaside cabin is two guests (four guests for Jamaica Houses 6 & 7); additional occupancy is not allowed. The standard and maximum occupancy for The Legend villa is four guests; additional occupancy is not allowed.
3. Which activities and amenities are included in the resort credits? Resort credits are not included with this deal.
4. Are dinner reservations required for restaurants? Is there a dress code? For information regarding your dining options, please call (876) 588-6700; international rates may apply. There is no dress code.