Hotel at a Glance: Little Main Street Inn
The Little Main Street Inn sits in the Blue Ridge Mountains, a half mile east of the only traffic light in Banner Elk. At this laid-back country retreat, you'll have views of Grandfather Mountain on the Blue Ridge Parkway and be near shopping and local restaurants.
- Homey rooms are uniquely decorated; features could include jacuzzi tubs, fireplaces, comfortable quilts, and separate sitting areas.
- Sip morning coffee in a rocking chair on the expansive front porch.
- Have a snack: Grab a muffin or some popcorn from the wooden cupboard in the lobby.
- Breakfast is included each morning, with kid-friendly options such as cereal.
- Close to Blowing Rock as well as the Blue Ridge Parkway
Banner Elk, North Carolina: Gateway to Blue Ridge Mountains
Perched in the Blue Ridge Mountains, the tiny town of Banner Elk is a popular jumping-off point for enjoying North Carolina's great outdoors. It's close to both Sugar Mountain Resort and Beech Mountain Resort, two large four-season ski areas with hiking and biking trails in the summertime. Nearby Hawksnest lets visitors glide down snow-tubing lanes in winter; year-round, they can zoom across 20 ziplines that give spectacular mountain views at heights over 2,000 feet. If you're looking to cool off, head to Elk River Falls, where you can fish, swim, and raft. You'll also find cooler surroundings at Linville Caverns, where delicate limestone formations and an underground stream have been awing visitors since their discovery in the early 1800s.