Hotel at a Glance: Live In Fitness
Live In Fitness founder Eric Viskovicz has helped dozens of celebrities and professional athletes stay in shape, including Jessica Biel, Angela Bassett, and Blake Griffin. His training program, which combines innovative exercise regimens and individualized meal plans, has also helped some noncelebrities lose more than 200 pounds each. During your stay at the camp’s new Hilton Head Island location at Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort, you’ll have a program that utilizes state of the art scientific evaluation and testing, individually portioned meals, a customized workout schedule, and a property complete with tennis courts, an 11 mile lagoon network, and three golf courses.
- Cardio dance, boxing, and beach bike rides are some of the more popular group fitness activities.
- Water workouts: Water aerobics, water polo, and kayaking on the lagoon network
- Protein, carbs, and fat: Chefs measure nutrients down to the gram to satisfy each client's dietary needs.
- Stay educated through culinary workshops, guest lectures, and cooking demonstrations
- Guest rooms and bungalows are within walking distance of the beach and some feature ocean or golf-course views.
Hilton Head Island, South Carolina: Coastal Beauty, Golf Courses, and Historical Architecture
Located northeast of Savannah on the Atlantic coast, Hilton Head Island combines Southern elegance with relaxed oceanfront living. Its subtropical climate—with highs in the 60s during January—makes it a haven for outdoor sports all year round. Kayakers, yachters, and bottlenose dolphins all make use of the water around the beaches. Golf is also a major draw; dozens of courses are scattered throughout the island, which is the site of an annual event on the PGA Tour.
The town of Bluffton (about a 30-minute drive from the hotel) is lined with art galleries and antique shops.