What You Get
2-night stay for four in a one-bedroom suite
- Option 1: C$199 to check in Sunday–Wednesday (up to a C$398 value)
- Option 2: C$209 to check in Friday (up to a C$398 value)
2-night stay for six in a two-bedroom suite
- Option 3: C$239 to check in Sunday–Wednesday (up to a C$498 value)
- Option 4: C$249 to check in Friday (up to a C$498 value)
Late check-out is included with all options, allowing for check-out as late as 2 p.m.
Policies and Fees
Book by: 7/11/14
Travel by: 11/27/14
- Blackout dates: not valid 5/17–5/20, 6/28–7/1, 8/30–9/2, or 10/11–10/14
- Cancellation policy and fees: 30-day cancellation notice or fee up to 50% Groupon price; 14-day cancellation notice or fee up to Groupon price applies
- Taxes: 15% tax not included
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
Hotel at a Glance: Lizard Creek Lodge
Lizard Creek Lodge is situated at the base of the Fernie Alpine Resort, tucked away in the Canadian Rockies. In the winter, it's a popular ski resort, but there's plenty to do in warmer months, ranging from whitewater rafting to hiking to golf.
- Recommended activity: Search for bighorn sheep, moose, bald, eagles, black bears, and grizzlies on a half- or full-day wildlife-viewing tour.
- Take a hike along the Castle Mountain trail and you'll be rewarded with panoramic vistas of the Rockies.
- A full kitchen is included in each one- or two-bedroom suite, as well as a fireplace and a private balcony.
- Gourmet cuisine: Chefs at the onsite restaurant prepare dishes such as tea-smoked duck breast with croquette potatoes, blueberry jus, and apple-cider gastrique.
- Go for a dip in one of the hot tubs or the outdoor pool.
- Pamper yourself with a massage at the onsite spa.
Highlights of Fernie, British Columbia
- Alpine outpost: Situated at 3,000 feet above sea level, Fernie is surrounded by the snow-capped peaks of the Canadian Rockies' East Kootenay Range.
- Notable press: National Geographic has named Fernie 1 of the "World's 25 Best Ski Towns."
- See mountains up close at Fernie Alpine Resort, about 5 miles outside of town. Go hiking or mountain biking on its trails in summer, or enjoy skiing or snowboarding in the winter.
- The Arts Station was once a train station; it now houses a restaurant, two art galleries, a pottery studio, and a 100-seat theater that regularly shows indie films.
- One king bed and one pullout sofa
- Standard occupancy: 4
- Maximum occupancy: 4
- One king bed, two queen beds, and one pullout sofa
- Standard occupancy: 6
- Maximum occupancy: 6
- Check in: 4 p.m.
- Check out: 11 a.m.
- Parking: free
- Rollaways: available for an additional $25 per night
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property
- Pet policy: pets are not allowed inside the property.
- Accessibility: please contact the property for handicap-accessibility requests or options.
- Room upgrades: not available
- Restaurant and bar
- Outdoor pool and hot tubs
- Fitness center
- Complimentary high-speed internet
- Must book by 7/11/14 or promotional value expires
- Must complete travel by 11/27/14
- Not valid 5/17–5/20, 6/28–7/1, 8/30–9/2, or 10/11–10/14
- Limit 5 per person, may buy 5 additional as gifts
- Limit 1 per visit
- Valid only for option purchased
- Reservation required; subject to availability
- 30-day cancellation notice or fee up to 50% Groupon price; 14-day cancellation notice or fee up to Groupon price applies
- Must be 19 or older to check in
- Credit card required at booking and check-in
- Must use promotional value in 1 visit
- 15% tax not included.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Lizard Creek Lodge
- Nearest airport: 61 miles (99 km) from Canadian Rockies International Airport (YXC; 62 miles, 100 km)
- Distance from Calgary, AB: 185 miles (298 km)