Top Reasons to Stay at Loon Lake Lodge & RV Resort
- The resort is just steps away from Loon Lake. You can go fishing for largemouth bass here, or rent paddleboats, kayaks, and jet skis onsite.
- You’ll have views of the surrounding mountains, which are dotted with hemlocks and douglas firs. It’s common to spot wild elk and deer roaming the hilly terrain.
- The pet-friendly accommodations feature rustic, woodsy decor with modern amenities. Both the cottages and cabins have full kitchens.
- RV sites, many with lake and water views, are scattered around the upper and lower marina areas.
- You can get quick snacks and sundries at an onsite general store and deli.
Reedsport, Oregon: Wild Elk and Rolling Coastal Dunes
Reedsport sits just off Oregon’s coast, near where the Umpqua River flows into the Pacific Ocean at Winchester Bay. The town and surrounding bay area earned the nickname “Heart of the Oregon Dunes” for their proximity to Oregon Dunes National Recreation Area. The dunes extend for 40 miles along the coast, making them North America’s biggest stretch of coastal sand dunes. The park is open year-round—you can dog sled in the winter or zip through the dunes on an ATV in summer. Fodor’s says the site has “some of the best ATV riding in the United States.”
Further inland, pine-fringed roads crisscross the mountainous landscape, over century-old covered bridges. It’s also worth it to visit the Dean Creek Elk Viewing Area, home to more than 100 wild elk, muskrats, and waterfowl.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.