Hotel at a Glance: Maui Sands Resort & Indoor Waterpark
At this resort's indoor water park, guests can zoom down slides, float on a lazy river, and play in a treehouse with a dumping bucket (water-park passes are included with this Getaway). The whole family can wind down with a soak in the tot-friendly lagoon, then head to a spacious room or suite.
- Must-do water-park attraction: Shoot down the Maui Wowie bowl slide on a one- or two-person tube, spinning around at 35–45 miles per hour before plunging into a pool.
- Included family dinner: pizza, pasta, dessert, and drinks at Volcano Grill
- In-room amenities: microwave, fridge, coffeemaker, free WiFi, and flat-screen TV with expanded cable
Sandusky, Ohio: Family-Friendly Town with Amusement Parks Along Lake Erie
The town of Sandusky lies on the shores of Lake Erie, about midway between Cleveland and Toledo. It's a family-friendly destination with a slew of theme parks and scenic coastal islands. Cedar Point, open May through October, is one of the oldest amusement parks in the United States and a must-do for thrill seekers. The park’s Millennium Force roller coaster set records as the tallest and fastest in the world when it was introduced in 2000. More recently, the GateKeeper scooped up seven world records when it opened in 2013, including the "longest drop on a wing coaster."
If you prefer a slower pace, visit Sandusky’s former post office, which has been transformed into the Merry-Go-Round Museum. The grand building is full of antique carousels of all shapes and sizes, restored to their original splendor; it’s also rumored to house a couple of ghosts. More spooky fun awaits at Ghostly Manor Thrill Center, which features a haunted house, a roller rink, a 4D theater, black-light mini golf, and bounce houses.
What You Get
Stay for four in a Cabana Queen Lily room
- Option 1: $160, valid for check-in Sunday–Thursday; not valid for Friday or Saturday stays (up to a $253 value)
- Option 2: $172, valid for check-in Friday or Saturday; not valid for Sunday–Thursday stays (up to a $273 value)
Stay for six in a Cabana Ohana suite
- Option 3: $184, valid for check-in Sunday–Thursday; not valid for Friday or Saturday stays (up to a $308 value)
- Option 4: $196, valid for check-in Friday or Saturday; not valid for Sunday–Thursday stays (up to a $328 value)
Included in options 1 and 2:
- Four water-park passes
- One family dinner with one-topping pizza, pasta, dessert, and four soft drinks
Included in options 3 and 4:
- Six water-park passes
- One family dinner with two-topping pizza, pasta, dessert, and six soft drinks
Policies and Fees
Book by: 7/27/14
Travel window: 6/12–8/31/14
- Blackout dates: not valid 7/4, 7/5, 8/1, or 8/2/14
- Cancellation policy and fees: 48-hour cancellation notice required or fee of 1 night's stay up to the Groupon price applies
- Taxes: 12.25% tax not included
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
Amenities and Room Details
- Indoor water park
- Free WiFi
- Complimentary hot buffet breakfast
- Game Area
- Fitness center
Cabana Queen Lily Room
- Two queen beds
- Standard occupancy: 4
- Maximum occupancy: 4
Cabana Ohana Suite
- One queen bed and two sets of bunk beds
- Standard occupancy: 6
- Maximum occupancy: 6
- Check in: 4 p.m.
- Check out: 11 a.m.
- Parking: free
- Rollaways: not available
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property
- Pet policy: pets are not allowed inside the property.
- Accessibility: please contact property for handicap accessibility requests or options
- Room upgrades: not available
- Nearest airports: Cleveland Hopkins International Airport (CLE; 50 miles); Toledo Express Airport (TOL; 68 miles)
- Distance from Toledo: 62 miles
The Fine Print
- Promotional value expires Jul 27, 2014. Amount paid never expires.
- Must book by 7/27/14 or promotional value expires
- Valid for travel 6/12–8/31/14
- Not valid 7/4, 7/5, 8/1, 8/2/14
- Limit 5 per person, may buy 5 additional as gifts
- Limit 5 per visit
- Valid only for option purchased
- Reservation required, subject to availability
- 48-hour cancellation notice required or fee of one-night's stay up to the Groupon price applies
- Must be 18 or older to check in
- Name on Groupon must match ID
- Credit card required at booking and check-in
- Must use promotional value in 1 visit
- 12.25% tax not included.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
- Water-park passes are valid on the day of check-in and checkout.
- Cabana building does not have elevators to access the second floor.