Hotel at a Glance: Mayan Princess Beach and Dive Resort
Loggerhead turtles, whale sharks, and tuna all make their home amid the vast Mesoamerican reef. On this all-inclusive vacation, you can take a complimentary scuba-diving lesson to see the reef. It's one of many activities available at the luxurious Mayan Princess Beach and Dive Resort, in addition to kayaking and snorkeling. And if you're not in the water, you can park right next to it—the beach is steps away from the property.
Awards and accolades: TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2013
Onsite dining by the ocean: Enjoy fresh-caught seafood, international buffets, and authentic Caribbean cuisine while getting scenic views of the water.
Beachside massages and chocolate body wraps are among the treatments offered at the resort's Kukut Spa .
Aquatic oasis: Take a dip in the large outdoor pool or unwind in the oversized hot tub.
The Black Pearl, an 18-hole golf course designed by Pete Dye, is the only course on the island.
Highlights of Roatán, Honduras
Diver's paradise: Walls of coral and more than 800 species of fish have turned sunken ships into natural wonders.
Crystal-clear waters reveal starfish, sea turtles, and eel during scuba-diving and snorkeling trips. There's a wealth of Mayan, Paya, and Garifuna artifacts as well.
Change of scenery: Farther inland, dense jungles and grassy hills stretch across the surface of Roatán, the largest of Honduras's Bay Islands.
Local culture: Winding dirt roads lead from the East End's secluded bays to smaller villages. Street vendors peddle wares in the town of Coxen Hole, and French Harbour features an iguana farm and shrimp fishers working the docks.
Love to travel? Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for travel tips, inspiration, and photos from around the world.
What You Get
All-inclusive stay for two in a one-bedroom beachfront villa
Option 1: $689 for a 3-night stay (up to a $1,385 value)
Option 2: $1,049 for a 5-night stay (up to a $2,308 value)
Option 3: $1,479 for a 7-night stay (up to a $3,232 value)
Included in all options:
Complimentary shuttle service to airport or pier
Access to four restaurants (Calkett's, The Beach Club San Simon, Luna Maya and Ballam)
Unlimited national and international premium liquors
Personalized check-in with welcome cocktail and cold towel
Introductory scuba diving lesson
Taxes and fees are included in every option
Policies and Fees
Book by: 7/13/14
Travel by: 12/14/14
Cancellation policy & fees: 8-day cancellation notice required or fee of applicable one-night's stay up to the amount paid for Groupon applies.
1. What is the best way to travel to the hotel from the airport? The best airport to fly in/out of is Juan Manuel Galvez International Airport in Roatan (airport code: RTB) and a free shuttle to the resort can be scheduled directly through the hotel front desk at (877) 587-4131. Travel time from the airport to the hotel is approximately 20-25 minutes one-way.
2. Is there an additional occupancy fee, or do I have to purchase another Groupon? The standard occupancy of the One-Bedroom Beachfront Villa is 2 adults; however, a 3rd guest can be added for an additional $89 per night.
3. Will I be approached to attend a timeshare sales presentation? Timeshares are common in Latin America and so are the sales pitches that accompany them. You may be asked at hotel check-in if you are interested in attending sales presentation. If you don’t want to attend, simply decline and you won’t be approached again. If you decline a presentation, you will not lose the value of your Groupon or have to pay additional fees.
4. Which activities and amenities are included in the resort credits? No additional resort credits are offered with this deal.
5. Are dinner reservations required for restaurants? Is there a dress code? Dinner reservations are required for Luna Maya, Calkett's and The Beach Club San Simon; however, they are not required at any of the other restaurants. If you would like to make a reservation, please visit the front desk between the hours of 8am - 1pm. All restaurants have a casual dress code.