Top Reasons to Visit Misty Harbor Resort
- This resort is located along Maine’s southern coastline, minutes from scenic Kennebunkport and less than a mile from the picturesque Wells Beach.
- Misty Harbor Resort’s spacious suite condominiums have full kitchens, dining areas, flat-screen TVs, and marshland views.
- The onsite Varano’s Italian Restaurant serves classic Italian cuisine with an emphasis on local seafood.
- Take a dip in the indoor pool, relax in the sauna or hot tub, or read a book on the wraparound deck.
- The hotel is right off of US Route 1, where visitors often visit dozens of antique stores. <p>
Wells, Maine: Costal Village with Miles of Public Beaches
A 90-minute drive up the Eastern seaboard from Boston, Wells is a small Maine town best known for its well-kept public beaches. Numerous family-owned restaurants in town use the Atlantic’s seafood, which includes lobster, clams, chowders, shrimp, and more.
Just 15 minutes up the road you’ll find the town of Kennebunkport, which boasts unique boutiques and restaurants. Dock Square is lined with art galleries, bookstores, and restaurants housed in classic New England clapboard buildings. Nearby, Wells Reserve features protected coastal property, while the Rachel Carson National Wildlife Refuge acts as a sanctuary for migratory birds and runaway teen marine biologists. The refuge features nature trails that wind past estuaries, salt marshes, boreal forest, and other varieties of habitats.