What You Get
- $249 for a two-night stay for two adults in a one-bedroom lakeside chalet, valid 9/3/12–5/3/13 (up to a $458 value). Up to two kids stay free.
- $498 for a four-night stay for two adults in a one-bedroom lakeside chalet, valid 9/3/12–5/3/13 (up to a $1,016 value). Up to two kids stay free.
Included in all options:
- $50 credit for golf or food and beverages
Book by: 10/1/12
Travel by: 5/3/13
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
Sprawling Golf Resort with Chalets and Mountain Views
Here and there, yellow-and-black wildflowers crowd together in dense patches on Mount Shasta Resort's golf course, echoing the bumblebee color scheme of the checkered flags planted on the greens. The course stretches from the foot of the main lodge, unfurling along hilly terrain at the base of majestic Mount Shasta. The resort embraces and pays tribute to its mountainous surroundings, incorporating nature-inspired decor, outdoor activities, and organic skincare services in the tranquil onsite spa.
Nestled in the forest, one-bedroom chalets overlook the placid waters of Lake Siskiyou. Knotted-pine trimmings, natural-stone hearths, and botanical art call to mind the surrounding landscape. Redwood decks extend from the cottages, providing views of the Siskiyou Trail.
In the morning, golfers can tee off at the resort's pristine golf course. Tennis courts on Siskiyou Boulevard offer other ways of breaking a sweat. Afterward, refuel at the onsite Highland House Restaurant, where you can graze on seafood and meaty entrees while admiring views of the golf course from the porch or second-story dining room.
The miniature Buddha and courtyard gardens outside of the Evergreen Day Spa suggest the peace and relaxation on offer inside. Here, a pair of dramatic spotlights illuminates leather thrones set above artisan pedicure baths.
Mount Shasta, California: Mountain Town Brimming with Family-Friendly Activities
Five miles north of the resort in northern California's Shasta-Trinity National Forest, a web of hiking trails crisscrosses the 14,162-foot Mount Shasta, surrounded by conifer forests and wildflower meadows. The moderately steep, 5.2-mile Black Butte Trail originates on Everitt Memorial Highway and features a sprawling, westerly view of Eddy Range about halfway up. This relatively level spot is a good place to stop and admire Shasta Valley, visible below.
After the first snowfall, Mount Shasta's flowery slopes become a skier's paradise. Mount Shasta Ski Park boasts 32 trails, beginner runs, and an exhilarating 300-foot half-pipe. After dark, a number of trails are lit up for night skiing.
One-Bedroom Lakeside Chalet
- One king bed and one queen sleeper sofa
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 4
- Adding occupants above standard: $15 per adult per day, no charge for kids 17 or younger
- Check in: 4 p.m.
- Check out: 11 a.m.
- Parking: free
- Rollaways: not available
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property
- Pet policy: pets are not allowed inside the property.
- Accessibility: handicap-accessible rooms are available upon request during booking.
- Room upgrades: upgrade to a two-bedroom chalet for an additional $60 per night.
- Onsite restaurant and lounge
- Golf course
- Wireless Internet access
The Fine Print
- Promotional value expires Oct 3, 2012. Amount paid never expires.
- Must book by 10/2/12 or promotional value expires
- Valid for travel 9/3/12-5/3/13
- Not valid 11/21-11/24, 12/12-12/31, 2/14-2/17
- Limit 2 per person, may buy 2 additional as gifts
- Limit 2 per visit
- Valid only for option purchased
- Reservation required, subject to availability
- All cancellations subject to fee of 10% of the Groupon price; 15-day notice or fee up to Groupon price applies
- Must be 18 or older to check in
- Credit card required at booking
- Must use promotional value in 1 visit
- Not valid with reward points
- $3/day energy surcharge and 8% tax not included.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
Mount Shasta Resort
- By plane: about 68 miles from Redding Municipal Airport (RDD); about 220 miles from Reno-Tahoe International Airport (RNO)
- By car: about 217 miles northwest of Reno, Nevada