Hotel at a Glance: Mountain Harbor Inn
Mountain Harbor Inn was selected as 1 of the top 10 resorts in the world in its category by BedandBreakfast.com and was the first Tennessee bed and breakfast added to the website’s Diamond Collection. Every suite at this adults-only property overlooks the banks of Douglas Lake, nestled in the Great Smoky Mountains. With this deal, you’ll get a sunset cruise around the lake and dig into a dessert served by candlelight.
- Enjoy a breakfast buffet each morning after you wake up.
- In-room amenities: microwave, refrigerator, and free WiFi; choose the condo for a hot tub and fireplace
- Get pampered with a hot-stone or Swedish massage.
- Lakeside activities: Rent a boat, jet skis, a kayak, or a paddle board from the inn.
- Notable praise: The bed and breakfast won a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence in 2014.
- Romance package: Select options of this deal include a 3-rose bouquet and a half-dozen chocolate-covered strawberries.
Dandridge, Tennessee: Mountain Town near Great Smoky Mountains National Park
Settlers moving west across the Appalachian Mountains founded the town of Dandridge in 1783 and named it after Martha Dandridge Custis Washington, the wife of President George Washington. Several old buildings in the National Historic District downtown have been carefully preserved, including a handful of taverns and a Greek Revival–style courthouse that dates back to 1845. Be sure to stop in the circa-1911 Tinsley-Bible Drug Co for a hamburger or old-fashioned sundae. The town is also home to the Bush’s Baked Beans visitor center, as well as a small museum and the original general store where the company was founded in 1897.
The Gatlinburg entrance to Great Smoky Mountains National Park is just 27 miles away. Here, more than 100 trails wind past waterfalls and pioneer-era log cabins tucked deep amid densely forested mountains. Or, take a bicycle ride on the 11-mile loop through Cades Cove, a broad valley of open meadows where you might see deer, black bears, wild turkeys, or vacationing college mascots. Clingmans Dome, the park’s highest point of elevation at 6,643 feet, is a great place to catch the sunset. The Bassmaster Elite Series is held here at Douglas Lake every year; it’s considered 1 of the top 10 lakes in the United States for crappie and largemouth-bass fishing.