Top Reasons to Stay at Mountain House Lodge
- Located in downtown Aspen, Mountain House Lodge is just a few blocks from Aspen Mountain.
- Spacious standard rooms feature mini refrigerators, coffeemakers, cable TV, and private balconies (in most units).
- Each morning, guests enjoy a complimentary continental breakfast.
- After a long day of recreation, you can relax in the outdoor hot tub.
- Come here to catch the tail end of ski season or to enjoy springtime pursuits such as hiking and mountain biking.
Aspen, Colorado: Fresh-Powder Skiing, Upscale Shopping, and Fine Dining
Located a few hours west of Denver, the city of Aspen is home to some of the country’s best skiing and snowboarding on four mountains: Aspen Mountain, Aspen Highlands, Buttermilk, and Snowmass Mountain. Known internationally for having light, fresh powder and short lift lines, these mountains are crisscrossed with miles of skiing and snowboarding runs—and you can access all of them with a single lift ticket. Other popular winter pastimes include dogsled rides, ice-skating on outdoor rinks, and hunting snowmen for their buttons.
Aspen’s historic downtown area is lined with red-brick buildings housing upscale boutiques and fine-dining restaurants. You can find a number of art galleries and museums here, too, including the Aspen Art Museum. This gallery-like space hosts contemporary art exhibits, activities, and lectures from local and international artists. The Wheeler Opera House, situated in the middle of downtown Aspen, is also worth a visit. Built in 1889, it’s now used as a venue for movies and concerts.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.