Beachfront Resort with Onsite Adventure-Tour Desk
In the 1970s, the town of Negril, Jamaica, was party central—wild evenings were commonplace, and you could frequently find large groups of people soaking in hot tubs. In those carefree days, out-of-towners would rent rooms in locals’ homes or crash on hammocks. Today, visitors can stay at the Negril Treehouse Resort, located along the west-coast community's pristine 7-mile stretch of white-sand beach. Guests can take full advantage of the setting with water-skiing and parasailing, and the resort's tour desk helps arrange excursions to Y.S. Falls and other attractions; this Getaway includes a standup-paddleboard clinic.
Though Negril Treehouse Resort extends across the beach, it rises no higher than the palm trees, in accordance with local building codes designed to preserve the view. The resort’s garden-view rooms and suites are simply decorated and look out to the landscaped grounds. All rooms are located a short stroll from the palm-shaded beach and rows of sun loungers.
An open-air restaurant at the center of the complex sits on top of a two-story rondoval. Here, you can try Jamaican specialties made with fresh seafood and tropical fruit and influenced by British, Welsh, and African culinary flavors. Breakfast is included with your stay, and ice-cream treats are served throughout the day so you can keep cool without flirting with the ice machine. On Saturday, the resort hosts a cocktail party to thank guests.
Negril, Jamaica: Laid-Back Beach Town with Picturesque Sunsets, Snorkeling, and Cliff Diving
Located on Jamaica’s western coast, Negril is known for its white sand beaches, dramatic rugged cliffs, and coral reefs lying just offshore in the Caribbean. Its underwater beauty makes the town a popular spot for scuba diving and snorkeling at Negril Marine Park, and anglers have found the sea filled with blue marlin, wahoo, and mahi-mahi. The city has a front-row seat to some of the world’s most beautiful sunsets, and people often climb to the top of waterfront cliffs just to watch. At Rick’s Cafe, which is listed in the book 1,000 Places To See Before You Die, groups congregate every night to watch the sun dip below the horizon.
Often called "the capital of casual," Negril is best defined by its laid-back vibe, from the slow and steady rhythm of the indigenous reggae music to its unofficial uniform—swimsuits and flip-flops. Running along the town is Seven Mile Beach, a stretch of powdery, white sand coastline that earned a spot on Frommer’s Best Beaches in the Caribbean list. The town center comprises a shopping mall and a craft market where visitors can pick up locally produced goods.
Farther inland, the mountainous terrain harbors several eco-tourism attractions including hiking, ziplining, and waterfall tours. Take a 60- to 90-minute drive east to reach the cascading YS Falls or Mayfield Falls, where you can wade in 21 natural pools shaded by exotic tropical flowers and ferns. Or stay close to Negril by visiting the Royal Palm Reserve, where 300 acres of swamp forests and wetlands shelter more than 300 types of birds, butterflies, and abandoned Rubik's cubes.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the best way to travel to the hotel from the airport? There is a shuttle from Sangster International Airport (MBJ) to the property. To arrange a round-trip airport transfer ahead of time, contact the resort and provide your travel itinerary once your flights are booked. The airport is approximately 47 miles (76 km) from the property.
2. Is there an additional occupancy fee, or do I have to purchase another Groupon? Two additional guests may be added to garden-view suites for no additional charge. Additional guests can not be added to standard garden-view rooms.
3. Will I be approached to attend a timeshare sales presentation? Groupon customers are never obligated to attend a sales presentation. If you are approached and decline a presentation, you will not lose the value of your Groupon or have to pay additional fees.
4. Which activities and amenities are included in the resort credits? Resort credit is not included with this Groupon.
5. Are dinner reservations required for restaurants? Is there a dress code? Dinner reservations are not required. For information regarding your dining options, please click here.