Spot Elephants, Lions, and Rhinos on Big Game Safari
The tour includes:
- Round-trip airfare
- One night at the Fairview Hotel in Nairobi
- One night at The Ark in Aberdare National Park
- Two nights at Lake Naivasha Sopa Resort
- Two nights at Mara Leisure Camp in Masai Mara
- Private transport in a luxury 4x4 safari landcruiser
- Unlimited game drives during park hours
- Seven breakfasts, seven lunches and six dinners on land
- All national park, reserve, and conservation fees
- All ground transportation, including airport transfers
- Complimentary bottled water daily
- Complimentary enrollment in AMREF’s emergency air evacuation service
- An English-speaking driver and guide<p>
You’ll find a quick rundown of the tour below; see a more detailed summary here.
Days 1–3: Nairobi, Aberdare National Park An overnight flight takes you to Nairobi, where Kenya’s urban and natural landscapes converge. At Nairobi National Park, for instance, giraffes parade before a backdrop of skyscrapers. Eventually you’ll make your way to Aberdare National Park, where dense rainforest gives way to bamboo groves, steep ravines, and cascades such as Thomson’s Falls, which tumbles from a height of nearly 250 feet. The park is home to a wide range of wildlife, including black rhinos, hippos, leopards, and more than 250 types of birds. It’ll be easy to spot many of these animals during your stay at The Ark, a wooden lodge perched above a salt lick and watering hole frequented by local game.
Days 4–5: Lake Naivasha
Thick papyrus reeds surround the shores of Lake Naivasha, one of Kenya’s largest bodies of freshwater and a two-day stop along the tour. Game drives around the lake spotlight a diverse animal population. At times, hundreds of flamingos roost on the water, and the surrounding wetlands are home to hippos, buffalo, and giraffes. Feel free to take a side trip to nearby Hells Gate National Park, where visitors can roam among basalt columns and rock outcroppings, staying on the lookout for lions.
Days 6–9: Masai Mara Arguably the most renowned of Kenya’s game reserves, Masai Mara is probably your best bet for catching sight of the Big Five: lions, leopards, rhinos, elephants, and buffalo. Each July, the Masai Mara plays a part in one of the biggest animal migrations on earth, as more than two million wildebeests, gazelles, and zebras cross the Mara River to reach the reserve from the Serengeti.
If you can tear your attention from the Masai Mara’s cheetahs and crocodiles, head to the native Masai village after your game drive for a taste of the local culture. Villagers here lead quiet lives in thatched-roof huts, mostly spending their days tending to cattle and taking care of other farming tasks.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much would it cost to fly from an airport not listed as part of this deal?
Please refer to the alternative gateways info in the copy.
2. Can we extend our trip before or after the promotional dates for the deal?
Yes you can! Please inquire at booking.
3. How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available?
Please click the buy button to see the dates offered.
4. What happens if I buy the Groupon and my travel dates are not available?
We are offering exact departures, so your dates will be available.
5. Does my child need a Groupon, and can they stay in my room?
Children must be 5 years or older to travel. For more specific questions please contact Odyssey Safaris.