Hotel at a Glance: One on Marlin
Tucked in a quiet oasis of tropical flowers and lignum vitae trees, One on Marlin is a luxury hideaway in the popular Providenciales area. The only access to the resort is a long driveway, making it feel especially secluded. While here, you can spend your days strolling through botanical gardens planted with guava, baby banana, and pomegranate trees.
- World-class beach: Grace Bay Beach, ranked among the best in the Caribbean, is a three-minute drive from the resort. Turtle Cove Marina is also nearby.
- No kids allowed: One on Marlin keeps things relaxed by catering to adults only.
- Spacious villas feature private balconies and kitchens with stainless steel appliances.
- Exotic eats: Be sure to try an organic sugar apple, a very sweet native fruit that's hard to find in the U.S.
- Stay connected with a complimentary cell phone that you can use to make local calls during your stay.
- Gone to market: Graceway Supermarket is only a 4-minute drive from the villas. The property offers a daily shuttle to the local grocery store upon request.
- Breakfast included: Daily continental breakfast for two is included at the concierge lounge.
Providenciales, Turks and Caicos Islands: Famed Beaches and 350 Days of Sunshine a Year
Providenciales—or "Provo," as the locals call it—is the largest tourist destination on the 40 islands and cays that make up Turks and Caicos. It's no wonder the area is popular, given its white-sand beaches, turquoise waters, and 350 days of sunshine per year. Providenciales was ranked No. 2 on TripAdvisor's 2014 list of the world's best islands. In 2012, the World Travel Awards recognized the island's Grace Bay Beach as the Caribbean's best, a distinction it also won in 2007, '08, and '10.
Provo is ideal for snorkeling and scuba diving—a natural reef keeps big waves and debris away, leaving the surf smooth and gentle. The water stays warm year-round and has outstanding visibility, so it's easy to spot the tropical fish, sea turtles, and enormous walls of coral below the surface. Brave snorkelers and divers can head to Northwest Point, where it's common to see reef and hammerhead sharks mingling with rays.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the best way to travel to the hotel from the airport? The best airport to fly in/out of is Providenciales International Airport on Providenciales (airport code: PLS) and transportation can be scheduled through the hotel. Travel time from the airport to the hotel is approximately 10 minutes one-way and costs around $10 per person roundtrip.
2. Is there an additional occupancy fee, or do I have to purchase another Groupon? The standard and maximum occupancy of the deluxe queen garden loft is 2 adults.
3. Will I be approached to attend a timeshare sales presentation? Timeshares are common in Caribbean and so are the sales pitches that accompany them. You may be asked at hotel check-in if you are interested in attending sales presentation. If you don’t want to attend, simply decline and you won’t be approached again. If you decline a presentation, you will not lose the value of your Groupon or have to pay additional fees.
4. Which activities and amenities are included in the resort credits? No additional resort credits are offered with this deal.