Discover Modern and Ancient Japan
On this 8-day vacation from Pacific Holidays, you'll experience two Japanese cities with very different characters. Tokyo has a fast-paced, ultramodern feel to it, while Kyoto highlights the traditions and culture of old Japan. You'll also get to see a bit more of the Japanese countryside on a high-speed train between cities.
Included in all options:
- Round-trip airfare from LAX or JFK
- 3-night stay at Shiba Park Hotel or Grand Prince Hotel New Takanawa in Tokyo
- 3-night stay at Karasuma Kyoto Hotel in Kyoto
- Shinkansen or Hikari bullet train between Tokyo and Kyoto
- Airport transfer from airport to hotel
Note: Travelers leaving from LAX fly in and out of Tokyo via Singapore Airlines (11.5-hour flight time). They’ll spend the first three nights in Tokyo, the next three nights in Kyoto, and then return to Tokyo for their flight home. Travelers leaving from JFK fly in and out of Osaka via China Airlines (14.5-hour flight time), and they’ll spend the first three nights in nearby Kyoto, the next three nights in Tokyo, and then return to Osaka for their flight home.
Tokyo: Japan’s Ultra-Modern Capital City
Glittering skyscrapers, cutting-edge fashion boutiques, and tech-company headquarters make Tokyo a truly modern city. But there’s an undercurrent of tradition here, too—it can be felt most strongly in neighborhoods such as Asakusa, a walkable historic district lined with ancient temples and outdoor markets. You can easily explore the city’s most popular sites from Shiba Park Hotel, as the luxury property sits a short walk from subway lines that run all over town.
- Must-see attractions: Tokyo Tower, which towers above the city at nearly 1,100 feet; and the Tsukiji Central Fish Market—get there early to watch the morning fish auctions, which start at 5 a.m.
- Fine dining: The hotel has a 2-star Michelin restaurant that serves Parisian specialties.
Kyoto: Hub of Culture and Traditional Temples
It can feel as though every street corner in Kyoto has an elaborate temple, shrine, or garden—the city is rumored to have more than 1,000 Buddhist temples alone. Elsewhere, Kyoto's local marketplaces and restaurants continue the traditions of old Japan, as does the city's thriving geisha community. Karasuma Kyoto Hotel is just a block away from a major subway station, so you'll have no problem exploring the city.
- Must-see attractions: the Golden Pavilion, a Zen temple covered in gold leaf, and the Nishijin district, an area celebrated for its elaborate kimonos and obi
- Local culture: The hotel supplies guests with traditional yukata robes and slippers, and feather pillows can be swapped for Japanese buckwheat pillows upon request.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much would it cost to fly form an airport not listed as part of this deal?
Please contact Pacific Holidays at 1-800-355-8025 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can we extend our trip before or after the promotional dates for the deal?
Yes, please contact Pacific Holidays at 1-800-355-8025 or email@example.com to check availability and price the extension.
How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available?
Call Pacific Holidays at 1-800-355-8025.
What happens if I buy the Groupon and my travel dates are not available?
You will be offered alternative travel dates or Groupon will issue you a refund.
Does my child need a Groupon, and can they stay in my room?
Please call Pacific Holidays with the age of your children at the time of travel and one of our agents will price his/her fare for you.