Explore Thailand’s Bustling Markets, Gilded Temples, and Sizzling Beaches
During this 10-day vacation from Pacific Holidays Inc., you’ll explore Thailand’s wonders at your own pace. A 4-day stay in both Bangkok and on the beaches of Pattaya means you’ll get more of a glimpse of daily life—and feel more connected and settled—than would be possible on a whirlwind tour of the country.
This trip includes:
- Round-trip airfare from Los Angeles (LAX), San Francisco (SFO), and New York (JFK)
- Alternate departure dates/gateways may be available for additional fee.
- 4 nights of standard accommodations at 4-star Century Park Bangkok Hotel
- 4 nights of standard accommodations at 4.5-star Amari Orchid Pattaya Hotel
- Half-day Bangkok city tour
Days 1–4: Bangkok
You’ll start by flying to Bangkok—which Travel + Leisure named the No. 1 city to visit in the world—and take a half-day tour of the city. The guided tour showcases Thailand’s opulent temples in the Old City district, including the Wat Traimit temple and its solid-gold Buddha. The 900-year-old statue weighs 5.5 tons and is the world’s largest solid gold statue. You’ll also see Wat Pho temple, one of the city’s largest wats with more than a thousand depictions of Buddha on its grounds. The most famous—a reclining Buddha with mother of pearl adorning its feet—stretches for more than 150 feet. After the city tour, you’re free to roam the city at your leisure.
- Taste real Pad Thai at a street stall, where this tasty dish is made on the spot, to-order, in a searing hot wok with chili powder
- Shop till you drop in Bangkok’s open-air malls, which are outdoor mazes of produce, clothing, jewelry, and technology. The Chatuchak Weekend Market is a good one to check out—it’s the world’s largest weekend market and covers more than 35 acres, with 15,000 stalls.
- Accommodations: The 4-star Century Park Hotel Bangkok, near the Weekend Market, lush green parks, and upscale shopping.
Days 5-9: Pattaya
After Bangkok, you’ll head south along the Gulf of Thailand to the carefree resort town of Pattaya, where you’re free to do as you please in a tropical paradise. During the day, visitors paraglide, scuba dive, or rent banana boats to sail along the city’s many beaches. Pattaya also has a reputation for a somewhat-raucous nightlife. More than a hundred neon-lit bars line its famous Walking Street, many with nightly go-go dancing and cabaret shows.
- Jaws drop: at Pattaya’s Sanctuary of Truth, an all-wood, hand-carved wooden temple that’s 345 feet high and filled with intricate Buddhist and Hindu sculptures and art motifs.
- Hold a tiger cub: at the Sriracha Tiger Zoo, home to more than 400 Royal Bengal tigers, where you can see tiger and crocodile shows and feed the animals.
- Accommodations: the 4.5-star (Amari Orchid Pattaya)[http://www.amari.com/orchid/], located just steps from Pattaya Beach.