Visit Tokyo and Osaka on Eight-Day Japan Vacation with Japan Rail Pass
Japan’s high-speed railways run throughout the country, providing a fast and convenient way to travel. This eight-day vacation includes a seven-day rail pass so that you can easily divide your time between the two world-class destinations on the itinerary: Tokyo and Osaka.
Click here for more information on the trip.
Included in all options:
- Round-trip airfare from LAX or JFK
- Three nights at Hotel New Otani Tokyo
- Three nights at Hotel New Otani Osaka
- A seven-day Japan Rail Pass
- Round-trip airport transfers<p>
Note: Travelers leaving from LAX fly in and out of Tokyo via Singapore Airlines (11.5-hour flight time)—they’ll spend the first three nights in Tokyo, the next three nights in Osaka, and then return to Tokyo for their flight home. Travelers leaving from JFK fly in and out of Osaka via China Airlines (14.5-hour flight time)—they’ll spend the first three nights in Osaka, the next three nights in Tokyo, and then return to Osaka for their flight home.
Tokyo: Japan’s Ultra-Modern Capital City
Tokyo’s glittering skyscrapers, cutting-edge fashions, and insatiable thirst for new technologies make it a truly modern city. But there’s an undercurrent of tradition here, too—it can be felt most strongly in neighborhoods such as Asakusa, a walkable historic district lined with ancient temples and outdoor markets. You can easily explore the city’s most popular sites from Hotel New Otani Tokyo, since the luxury property sits a short walk from subway lines running all over town. Hop on a Japan Rail line for a day trip to Mount Fuji (90 minutes away) or Hakone (60 minutes away), a lakeside village known for its hot springs.
Day trips via rail from Tokyo:<p>
- Hakone - 1 hour away
- Nikko - 1 1/2 hour away
- Mt. Fuji - 1 1/2 hour away
- Kamakura - 1 hour away<p>
Osaka: Foodie Paradise
Almost completely destroyed during World War II, Osaka rebuilt in the ensuing decades to become one of the world’s economic powerhouses. More important from a visitor’s point of view, the city is a food-lover’s dream, famous for local specialties such as takoyaki (octopus cooked in egg batter) and udon noodles served with deep-fried tofu. You can find a number of great restaurants in the Dotonbori district, which is situated a short subway ride from Hotel New Otani Osaka. While you’re here, use your Japan Rail Pass to visit a neighboring city or two. Kyoto (30 minutes away) and Hiroshima (100 minutes away) are both worth a day trip.
Day trips via rail from Osaka:<p>
- Kyoto - 1/2 hour away
- Nara - 1 hour away
- Hiroshima - 1 hour and 40 minutes away<p>
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much would it cost to fly from an airport not listed as part of this deal?
Please call Pacific Holidays for add-on airfares from your home cities to gateway city – Los Angeles or New York City.
2. Can we extend our trip before or after the promotional dates for the deal?
Yes, please call Pacific Holidays directly for availability and cost.
3. How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available? Please call Pacific Holidays for available dates.
4. What happens if I buy the Groupon and my travel dates are not available? Call and check the dates before purchasing.
5. Does my child need a Groupon, and can they stay in my room?
Child pricing is available and lower. You don’t have to purchase full Groupon. Call Pacific Holidays for an exact amount.