12-Day New Zealand and Fiji Vacation
On this tour, you can cruise past the gorgeous mountain rainforests and beaches of New Zealand’s North Island in a rental car before hopping on a brief flight to Fiji. The itinerary is wide open at each stop, so you’re free to explore each destination at your own pace. Check out some of our favorite highlights below. The vacation includes:
- Round-trip airfare
- 3-night standard accommodations at Auckland City Hotel in Auckland
- 2-night standard accommodations at Tanoa Paihia Hotel in Bay of Islands
- 2-night standard accommodations at Distinction Rotorua Hotel in Rotorua
- 2-night standard accommodations at Mercure Nadi in Fiji
- 8-day Jucy car rental
- Round-trip airport transfer to the resort in Fiji
Auckland is New Zealand’s biggest city, but it’s not a typical concrete jungle; in fact, the city itself is just about 30 minutes from actual jungle in the Waitakere Ranges to the west, lined with mountain rainforest. From the top of the Auckland Sky Tower—the Southern Hemisphere’s tallest freestanding structure at 328 meters high—you can get panoramic views of Auckland’s glittering harbors, beaches, and skyscrapers.
- Auckland Museum is set on an ancient volcanic rim and houses Polynesian artifacts and dinosaur fossils.
- Auckland Art Gallery: See works by Picasso and Gauguin, along with works by local artists.
Bay of Islands
This lush, green region is just north of Auckland, reachable by a scenic drive. You’ll spend two nights here, plenty of time to bask in the area’s subtropical temps and enjoy the water.
- Tapeka Point: Climb this oceanside hill for panoramic views of the seaside and a chance to spot penguins, dolphins, and other marine life.
- Puketi Kauri Forest sprawls over 37,000 acres; kiwi birds and bats live amid its groves of kauri and hardwood trees.
Rife with geysers, steaming mud pools, and thermal springs, Rotorua has some of the highest levels of geothermal activity in the world. The surrounding region is also home to several large volcanoes, including Mount Tarawera. The best ways to tour the volcano are by helicopter, a four-wheel-drive vehicle, or mountain bike.
- Te Puia: In this geothermal valley is the Pohotu Geyser, whose skyward spout reaches heights of nearly 100 feet.
- Redwoods Whakarewarewa Forest: More than 100 types of trees grow here, including massive California redwoods and radiata pines.
The last leg of the trip takes you to Nadi, one of the largest cities on Viti Levu, Fiji’s biggest island. While you’re there, hop on a ferry to nearby Denarau Island, which boasts some prime snorkeling spots studded with live coral.
- Nadi Town: Browse through handcrafted souvenirs at local markets and sample traditional Fijian dishes, which often incorporate seafood and coconut.
- Sri Siva Subramaniya Swami Temple: Vibrant frescoes and carved statues of Hindu deities adorn this sacred temple.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. From what airport does the deal depart? How much does it cost to fly from a city that isn’t included in the deal options?
Deal options with 3-letter airport codes depart from that specific airport. Deal options with full city names depart from an airport that is assigned at time of redemption with the tour operator. Departures from airports that are not included in the deal options may be available (and may cost more). Call Pacific Holidays at 1-800-355-8025 for pricing from any airport that isn’t listed on the Groupon Getaways deal page.
2. Can we extend our trip before or after the promotional dates for the deal?
Yes—contact Pacific Holidays at 1-800-355-8025 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available?
All dates listed are available.
4. What happens if I buy the Groupon and my travel dates are not available?
All dates listed are available.
5. Does my child need a Groupon, and can they stay in my room?
All travelers need a Groupon. Children can stay with their parents, but must contact Pacific Holidays at 1-800-355-8025 or e-mail email@example.com with the child’s age at the time of travel.