7-Day Capitals of Russian Tsars Tour
- Service of 1st class motor coaches or 1st class minivans throughout the itinerary plus Sapsan high-speed train in 2nd class from St. Petersburg to Moscow OW
- For additional departure pricing, contact Pacific Holidays at (800) 355-8025.
- Airfare not included
Hotels (6 nights)
- 3 nights of accommodations at Hotel Sokos Vasilievsky or similar in St. Petersburg
- 3 nights of accommodations at Hotel Azimut Smolenskaya or similar in Moscow
- Portage at hotels and railway stations
Attractions & Meals
- Welcome meeting with champagne-cocktail or juice
- Personalized welcome package
- Entrance to Peter-Paul Fortress in St. Petersburg and Moscow Kremlin
- Service of English speaking tour escort on all tours
Tour Itinerary at a Glance
Russia is a country, like many, steeped with history. On this guided vacation, guests get to decide what parts of history they want to explore during this 7-day trip. This vacation begins in grand St. Petersburg, a lush city with plenty of palaces and museums. Later, guests board a high-speed train for the capital city of Moscow.
- Day 1: Arrive in St. Petersburg.
- Day 2: Spend the day touring St. Petersburg, a city with museums, palaces, and canals. Stops include Peter-Paul Fortress, the Winter Palace, and St. Isaac’s Cathedral.
- Day 3: Optional visit to Peterhof and a visit to the Hermitage Art Museum.
- Day 4: Optional channel cruise in the morning and then travelers board the high-speed train for Moscow.
- Day 5: Spend the day touring Moscow including the Red Square and St. Basil’s Cathedral, the Theatre Square, and Sparrow Hills.
- Day 6: Optional excursion to Sergiev Posad.
- Day 7: Fly home
Call Pacific Holidays at (800) 355-8025 for Questions About:
- Extending your trip or traveling on dates not listed here
- The availability of your desired travel dates
- Traveling with kids; each traveler (including kids) must purchase a voucher
- Booking optional tours and upgrades
Optional Tours & Upgrades
- Optional transfer to Hotel Sokos Vasilievsky or similar on day 1 (for private car, minimum 2, max 3 people; $40/person)
- Four-hour Zarskoye Selo excursion and Catherine’s Palace visit on day 2 ($90/person)
- Folklore show at the Nikolayevski Palace on day 2 ($85/person)
- Four-hour Peterhof trip and Grand Palace visit on day 3 ($85/person)
- Three-hour visit to the Hermitage Art Museum on day 3 ($59/person)
- Russian dinner at Restaurant Pryanosti & Radosti on day 3 ($59/person)
- Guided channel cruise on day 4 ($75/person)
- Three-hour Moscow metro and Arbat tour on day 5 ($29/person)
- Three-hour Moscow-by-night tour with river cruise on day 5 ($65/person)
- Eight-hour excursion to Sergiev Posad on day 6 ($90/person)
- Transfer from Hotel Azimut Smolenskaya to the airport on day 7 (for private car, minimum 2, max 3 people; $40/person)
- Half-board (six three-course dinners with coffee/tea; $200/person)