Explore Auckland and New Zealand's Dramatic Northern Scenery
During this 10-day vacation from Pacific Holidays, you'll set your own pace on a self-driving tour of New Zealand’s northern region with accommodations in Auckland, Bay of Islands, and Rotorua.
This trip includes:
- Round-trip airfare [if applicable]
- Alternate departure dates/gateways may be available for additional fee.
- 3 nights studio room accommodation at the Auckland City Hotel
- 2 nights standard room accommodation at the Tanoa Paihia Hotel
- 2 nights superior room accommodation at the [Hotel Distinction Rotorua]9http://www.distinctionhotelsrotorua.co.nz/)
- 8-day Jucy car rental package
Often called the “City of Sails,” Auckland—which sits along the Waitemata Harbor—has more boats per capita than anywhere else in the world. On this leg of the trip, you'll pick up a rental car and have time to explore the city's harbor, museums, and skyscrapers. If you'd like a little guidance, Pacific Holidays offers optional day tours such as Discover Auckland Morning Sights ($45 per person), which will take you to the famous Harbour Bridge, Auckland Domain, and the scenic waterfront route of Tamaki Drive.
- Travel 124 mph through the air on the Sky Screamer, an air-bungy ride that does somersaults in 2 seconds flat
- Take a shopping trip: The historic neighborhood of Parnell, located less than 2 miles (3 km) from the city center, is lined with Victorian homes that have been converted into fashionable boutiques.
- Dine at Depot Eatery & Oyster Bar, which serves fresh local seafood such as Cloudy Bay clams and fresh-shucked oysters, and wine on-tap.
Paihia, Bay of Islands
You'll soon travel north via the Hibiscus Coast to Paihia, a coastal town that overflows with stunning scenery and a diversity of wildlife. This—in addition to its location on scenic turquoise waters—makes Paihia a popular destination for outdoor adventures or simply lounging on the beach.
- See whales, dolphins, and leatherjacket fish up-close while scuba-diving near the Rainbow Warrior dive site.
- Waipoua Forest, the largest tract of native forest on Northland, is an ancient landscape home to Tane Mahuta, a 2,000-year old kauri tree that continues to grow.
- Pick up kauri bowls, jade carvings, and handblown glass at The Cabbage Tree downtown, a 5-minute walk from the hotel
As you drive to Rotorua, don't miss the opportunity to stop and check out some of New Zealand's volcanic and geothermic scenery spots, such as the stunning Waimangu Volcanic Valley, 20 minutes south of Rotorua, with its technicolor pools and steaming waterfalls. Rotorua itself is a hotbed of geothermal activity, with bubbling mud pools, ancient volcanic crater lakes, and explosive geysers. This area is also rife with luxury day spas that specialize in Polynesian body treatments.
- Tour underground rivers at the Waitomo Glowworm Caves on your drive in, where guided boat tours will take you to underground caves that are illuminated by thousands of tiny glowworms.
- Check out a sheep show: With 4 million citizens and 32 million sheep, New Zealanders are serious about their sheep, and sheep shows are entertaining, educational, and popular with locals.
- The Rotorua Museum is located in a decadent Bath House, and features eight new galleries dedicated to the local Te Rawa people. There’s also a spa where you can take an “electric bath” in charged waters.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much would it cost to fly from an airport not listed as part of this deal?
You need to contact Pacific Holidays for add on fare from your airport.
Can we extend our trip before or after the promotional dates for the deal?
You can extend it as long as there are flights available operating on the day you picked.
How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available?
All travel dates listed on Groupon are available. For any other dates contact Pacific Holidays at 1 (800) 355-8025 or email email@example.com.
What happens if I buy the Groupon and my travel dates are not available?
As long as you redeem in the time indicated on this offer the travel dates are available.
Does my child need a Groupon, and can they stay in my room?
Contact Pacific Holidays directly for child fare (1 (800) 355-8025) firstname.lastname@example.org.