Top Reasons to Stay at Ramada Gateway Hotel
- The hotel is a Walt Disney World Good Neighbor® hotel, located 1 mile from the entrance to the Walt Disney World® parks. It is also just 10 miles from SeaWorld and 15 miles from Wet ‘n Wild water park.
- A complimentary shuttle can take you to and from Walt Disney World®, SeaWorld, Universal Studios, and nearby outlet shopping at regularly scheduled intervals.
- This is the largest Ramada in Florida, with 500 rooms, two outdoor pools, an arcade and video-game room, mini golf, and a half-court basketball court onsite.
- There are three restaurants onsite, too: Smokehouse Grill, a barbecue restaurant with a breakfast buffet, The Deli and Andy’s Pizza, a 50s-style pizza-and-wings eatery, and Mulligan’s Sports Bar, a pub-style spot with happy-hour specials, mounted TVs, and karaoke.
- You’ll be staying in the newly renovated tower onsite, and your room will have a view of either the hotel grounds or the Animal Kingdom theme park at Walt Disney World®.
Orlando, Florida: World-Famous Theme Parks and Cultural Surprises
Kissimmee is located in the center of Florida near Orlando, a city that may be forever associated with the Walt Disney World® Theme Parks, which now are part of the world’s most-visited entertainment resort. It spans roughly 30,000 acres, encompassing four theme parks, two water parks, five golf courses, and the Downtown Disney® Marketplace. There’s no shortage of things to do here: begin your day by boarding a rocket-shaped three-seater that climbs to 180 feet before entering a deep black tunnel and racing past stars, satellites, and constellations. Walk across the park to sample Moroccan cuisine for lunch, or ride a dune buggy through a haunted 18th-century mansion. Before heading back to the hotel, take in the nightly fireworks, laser, and water show. As one of the most popular family destinations in the world, sunny Orlando is home to other theme parks including Universal Studios, SeaWorld, and Gatorland.
Those hoping to shake up the typical theme-park-dominated itinerary can head into downtown Orlando's vibrant arts district. The neighborhood boasts venues such as CityArts Factory, a multifaceted patchwork of gallery spaces, and SAK Comedy Lab, which hosts family-friendly improv shows five nights a week.
About a 10-minute drive north, you’ll find eight cultural institutions at Loch Haven Park, including the Orlando Museum of Art, which houses pieces by Georgia O’Keeffe, Robert Rauschenberg, Ansel Adams, and Andy Warhol. The park is also home to the Orlando Shakespeare Theater, the Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra, and the Orlando Science Center. Visit the science center to take a rover across a simulation of Mars’s red surface, or race on a 70-foot pinewood derby track.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.