Top Reasons to Stay at River Run Inn
- Situated in the Methow Valley, the property is surrounded by the Lake Chelan National Recreation Area and the Okanogan National Forest. Hundreds of miles of trails provide prime opportunities for hiking, biking, and cross-country skiing.
- Downtown Winthrop is only a mile away. Hitching posts, wooden boardwalks, and old-timey façades hark back to frontier days.
- You can explore the area on one of the inn’s complimentary bicycles.
- When the weather’s warm enough, the inn offers river kayak tours and tube rentals.
- At the end of the day, unwind in the indoor pool and hot tub amid floor-to-ceiling windows.
Winthrop, Washington: Old West Town Surrounded by Forests
In north central Washington, the Lake Chelan National Recreation Area almost completely surrounds the small town of Winthrop. The many rivers and forests nearby feel secluded and untouched, attracting hikers and mountain bikers in the warm months and cross-country skiers in winter. While you’re in the area, take advantage of prime springtime conditions for wildflowers and wildlife viewing.
In the 1970s, Winthrop underwent an overhaul to pay homage to its Gold Rush roots. Today, it looks like it might have in the 1880s, with hitching posts, Old West–style storefronts, and wooden-plank sidewalks. To get in the spirit of things, you can watch cattle drives and medicine shows or step past the swinging doors of a saloon billed as the oldest in the state.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.