What You Get
One-night stay for two in a deluxe king junior suite with a $40 restaurant credit
- $139 to check in Sunday–Thursday (up to a $269 value)
- $159 to check in Friday or Saturday (up to a $310 value)
Book by: 12/21/12
Travel window: 10/28/12–1/31/13
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
Historical Boutique Hotel in Heart of Seattle
The antique neon sign at the top of The Roosevelt Hotel has been a part of the Seattle skyline since the red-brick high-rise hotel was constructed in 1929. A sense of Gilded Age grandeur prevails in the lobby, where you'll find comfortably elegant furnishings including a piano, a fireplace, and Victorian armchairs.
In the deluxe king junior suites, modern amenities mingle with antique-style accents, such as a leaf-patterned bench at the foot of the bed in some units. You can train for marathon naps on the king-size bed or slip into a bathrobe and slippers and switch on the HDTV.
The included dining credit is valid at three restaurants in the immediate area. Il Fornaio is an Italian eatery specializing in wood-fired pizzas, housemade pastas, and rotisserie meats. Right around the corner, Daily Grill dishes out classic American fare including a reuben sandwich ($13.95 during lunch) and a new york strip steak ($31.50 during dinner). Less than half a mile away, the Purple Café and Wine Bar features an extensive selection of wines to complement fine cheeses and upscale American fare such as a grilled farmland pork chop ($24; alcohol not covered by voucher).
Downtown Seattle: Gourmet Coffee Shops and Art Galleries in Coastal Urban Center
Street performers often provide musical accompaniment as shoppers walk beneath the iconic Public Market Center sign at the open-air Pike Place Market, located just about a half mile southwest of the hotel. One of the most renowned attractions in Seattle, the marketplace bustles with both locals and out-of-towners browsing an array of stalls vending fresh fruit, vegetables, fish, flowers, and meat. Before the proliferation of Starbucks on every corner, Seattleites grabbed a cup of java at the company's original coffeehouse, which first opened here in 1971.
Local gourmet coffee shops can be found in other inviting neighborhoods, too. Belltown, located about a half mile from The Roosevelt, is an arts district filled with cafés, shops, and galleries galore. One such gallery, Roq La Rue, showcases rotating exhibits with an emphasis on pop surrealism and underground contemporary art.
From the vantage point of Kerry Park, there's a terrific view of Elliott Bay and the Seattle skyline, with the Space Needle standing prominently in the foreground. On clear days, you can search for rock carvings of the Frasier cast on the face of Mount Rainier in the distance.
Deluxe King Junior Suite
- King bed
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 2
- Adding occupants above standard: not allowed
- Facing Seattle's famous Pine Street
- Sitting or parlor area
- 37- or 42-inch flat-screen HDTV
- Check in: 4 p.m.
- Check out: noon
- Parking: valet available for an additional $29 per day
- Rollaways: not available
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property
- Pet policy: pets may be added for an additional $50 per night.
- Accessibility: handicap-accessible rooms are available upon request during booking.
- Room upgrades: upgrade to a jacuzzi suite for an additional $30 per night
- Restaurant open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- 24-hour fitness center
- Complimentary WiFi in the lobby
- Dry-cleaning and laundry services
- Concierge services
The Fine Print
- Promotional value expires Dec 22, 2012. Amount paid never expires.
- Book by 12/21/12 or promo value expires
- Valid for travel 10/28/12-1/31/13
- Not valid 11/ 7 -11/11, 11/16 – 11/17 , 12/31, 1/18 -1/19, 1/25-1/27
- Limit 2 per person + 1 as a gift
- Limit 2 per visit
- Valid for option purchased
- Reservation required, subject to availability
- 24-hour cancel notice required or fee up to Groupon price applies
- Must be 18+ to check in
- Credit card required at booking & check-in
- Must use promo value in 1 visit
- $2 Seattle tourism assessment & 15.6% tax not included.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About The Roosevelt Hotel
- By plane: about 15 miles from Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA)
- By transit: Sound Transit light rail, Westlake Station stop
- By cab: about $40 from SEA