Hotel at a Glance: Roseledge Country Inn and Farm Shop
Originally built in 1720, the four-star Roseledge Country Inn and Farm Shop overflows with historic New England charm, so much so that Onlyinyourstate.com recently ranked the farm among the top 12 in Connecticut. Tunnels still lead under the house to a great stone wall in the back, and lush gardens make the premises colorful and romantic. Inside, individually decorated rooms keep guests cozy.
- Full country breakfast is served daily in the garden or the Keeping Room.
- Bottoms up!: This deal comes with one flight of house brews per stay at These Guys Brewing.
- Snack time: coffee and tea bar to sip with home-baked cookies
- Animal lovers can make friends with two cats that live on the premises.
- Bring slippers to keep feet warm while roaming the antique wooden floors.
- Awards: TripAdvisor’s Silver-level GreenLeaders award and Certificate of Excellence 2017 and 2018, Yankee Magazine Best of New England 2014
- Try your luck at Foxwoods Casino, just a 10-minute drive from the B&B, or Mohegan Sun, just a short distance away.
- Go shopping at nearby Tanger Outlets, which features retailers such as Ann Taylor and H&M.
- Relax with a glass of wine at a local winery, many of which are within a quick drive from the inn.
Preston, Connecticut: Historical Neighborhoods and Casinos
Small hills dotted with oak and hickory trees envelop the town of Preston in southeastern Connecticut. A variety of woodland critters make their homes here; you’re likely to spot white-tailed deer while exploring the town’s parks and farmlands. Along the way, you may pass a few neighborhoods listed on the National Register of Historic Places—Poquetanuck village showcases colonial-era maritime history on the banks of Poquetanuck Cove, and the Hallville Mill Historic District has a pony truss bridge that dates back to 1890.
Preston is sandwiched between two massive casinos—Foxwoods and Mohegan Sun—which draw lots of visitors to the area. Both offer a fun variety of slots, table games, and poker styles. The town is also a short drive from coastal villages and beaches along Long Island Sound.