Resort at a Glance: Royalton White Sands
Set amid powdery beaches and turquoise Caribbean waters, the all-inclusive Royalton White Sands has something for everyone. When you're not hanging out on the sand, there are five restaurants, six bars, and a cafe, and hands-on activities including cooking classes, trivia, and aerobics instruction. By night, take a seat at the open-air theater and catch some live entertainment and shows.
- Enjoy cuisines from around the globe with the all-inclusive meal plan, which lets you dine at Japanese, Italian, steakhouse, and buffet restaurants.
- Bottoms up: Six bars onsite serve international and local brand liquors.
- The kids are alright: The resort has clubs with activities for kids and teenagers; there's also a lounge area with ping-pong and Playstations.
- Take a dip in two outdoor pools and one children's splash pool
- Snorkeling and kayaking are just two of the non-motorized water sports included with this package
Trelawny, Jamaica: White Sand Beaches and Tropical Forests Close to Montego Bay
Situated on Jamaica’s northwest coast, Trelawny is less than an hour away from many of the island’s top attractions. The waters near Montego Bay are famous for their dive sites and deep caves that are frequented by barracudas and nurse sharks. Montego Bay, the heart of Jamaica's tourism industry, features a lively entertainment district packed with reggae clubs and beach bars.
But if you're looking for a more relaxed itinerary, Trelawny has all the staples of an island getaway. The beaches are pristine and calm, with crystal-clear waters ideal for kayaking and snorkeling. Heading a bit inland, you'll find hiking trails that wend over hills and into the tropical forests of the Cockpit Country, one of the largest remaining Jamaican wildernesses.