Sail the Caribbean Aboard Historic Cruising Yacht
Even if you’ve visited the Caribbean before, you’ve probably never seen it while sailing aboard a 1920s tall ship. This Getaway from Sail Windjammer offers just that. You’ll explore the Grenadines—with possible stops in Grenada, Carriacou, and more—and island hop while aboard the S/V Mandalay, a 94-year-old yacht with room for up to 58 passengers. This deal does not include airfare so remember to book tickets.
This cruise includes:
- 6 nights of accommodations for two in a standard cabin, Commodore cabin, Admiral suite, or King’s cabin
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Morning bloody marys
- Afternoon snacks with rum swizzles
- Glass of wine with dinner
- Port charges
This once-in-a-lifetime Getaway takes you from island to island in the Grenadines—all you have to do is get to Grenada, where you’ll board the S/V Mandalay at 5 p.m. on a Sunday. Possible stops include Grenada, Mayreau, and the Tobago Cays.
- Where you’ll stay: In either a cabin or a suite—ask for the King’s cabin or the Admiral suite for extra room.
- Possible highlights: Each trip is different, but you might see Bequia, home to a turtle sanctuary; the pristine beaches of Union Island; and the colorful port town of Hillsborough on the island of Carriacou.
- Dining and drinks This deal includes three daily meals, plus morning bloody marys, afternoon rum swizzles, and a glass of wine at dinner. You can also purchase additional drinks at the full bar.
- History of the S/V Mandalay: Built in 1923, the tall ship was a merchant-marine training ship during World War II, a US Coast Guard ship after the war, and an oceanographic research vessel during the 1950s.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the best way to travel to the hotel from the airport? The best airport to fly in/out of is Maurice Bishop International Airport (GND). Sail Windjammer offers a round-trip shuttle for $50 per person.
2. Is there an additional occupancy fee, or do I have to purchase another Groupon? The Groupon covers two guests. For additional occupants, contact Sail Windjammer (888) 972-7245 for details.
3. Will I be approached to attend a timeshare sales presentation? Groupon customers are never obligated to attend a sales presentation. If you are approached and decline a presentation, you will not lose the value of your Groupon or have to pay additional fees.
4. Which activities and amenities are included in the resort credits? No resort credits are included with this Groupon.
5. Are dinner reservations required for restaurants? Is there a dress code? For information regarding your dining options, please call (888) 972-7245.