What You Get
Stay for two in a traditional double or traditional king room
- Option 1: $98 for 1 night (up to a $201 value)
- Option 2: $189 for 2 nights (up to a $402 value)
Policies and Fees
Book by: 3/28/14
Travel by: 4/30/14
- Blackout dates: 1/30/14-1/31/14, 2/5/14-2/6/14, 2/14/14-2/15/14, 3/20/14-3/21/14, 4/10/14-4/11/14, 4/18/14-4/19/14, or 4/25/14-4/26/14
- Cancellation policy and fees: 24-hour cancellation notice or fee up to Groupon price applies
- Taxes: 10% tax not included
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
Four-Star Pacific Northwest Lodge with Spa and Acclaimed Restaurant
When the four-star Salishan Spa and Golf Resort was about to be built in 1965, original owner John D. Gray wanted the new property to match the beauty of the natural scenery, where surrounding forests meet the Pacific beaches on the Oregon coast. The result is a hotel interior that incorporates native stone, intricate woodwork, hand-blown glass, and contemporary artwork from more than 100 regional artists.
Vaulted ceilings and floor-to-ceiling windows give guest rooms a spacious feel. Private balconies overlook Siletz Bay, the forest, or the resort’s spectacular 18-hole golf course, which was redesigned by renowned architect and PGA pro Peter Jacobsen. You can grab a meal at any of five onsite restaurants, ranging from the deli to the newly renovated Dining Room, which Frommer’s says “is one of the most upscale restaurants on the entire coast and has a superb wine collection.”
Salishan's spa is also a destination in its own right. Ranked No. 13 on the list of the Top 250 Spas by Condé Nast Traveler readers, the full-service facility offers facials, massages, and professional hair, nail, and waxing treatments. Even if you come for only a quick sweat in the sauna, be sure to stop by the spa's alfresco lounge area for the incredible bay views.
Gleneden Beach, Oregon: Small Coastal Community Set amid Beachfront State Parks
Gleneden Beach is a very small resort town on the Oregon coast. “If not for the signs, you’d scarcely be able to find it,” Fodor’s writes. But despite the small scale, there’s still plenty to do here. Spas and golf fairways can be found at the town’s resort properties, and the surrounding forest preserve is good for a stroll. At Gleneden Beach State Recreation Site there’s a paved trail leading down from the pines to the beach—a soft-sand affair ideal for sunbathing and watching wetsuit-clad surfers catching waves.
Since it’s situated along a string of Pacific state parks, Gleneden Beach also has easy access to other coastal attractions; just 15 minutes away, Devils Lake State Recreation Area is a good spot for boating and swimming. In the summer, visitors can take guided kayak tours through the wetlands that reveal the history and ecology of the area. On either side of Gleneden Beach are two larger coastal cities, Newport and Lincoln City, both ideal spots for combing beaches, watching whales, and browsing in boutiques and bookstores.
At Newport’s Oregon Coast Aquarium, you can see harbor seals, otter, and sea lions frolic in outdoor exhibits that simulate their natural habitats. A series of underwater tunnels at the aquarium provides near 360-degree views of sharks, skates, and other creatures of the deep.
In all Included Rooms
- 400 sq. ft. of living space
- Private balcony with views of golf course or forest
- Flat-screen TV with cable
Traditional Double Rooms
- Two double beds
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 4
- Adding occupants above standard: $20 per night for each additional guest
Traditional King Rooms
- One king bed
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 3
- Adding occupants above standard: $20 per night for an additional guest
- Check in: 4:30 p.m.
- Check out: noon
- Resort fee includes: self-parking, use of pool and computers, in-room water bottles, and WiFi
- Parking: included in resort fee
- Rollaways: available for no additional charge
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property
- Pet policy: dogs may be added for $35 per night.
- Accessibility: please contact the property for handicap-accessibility requests or options.
- Room upgrades: upgrades may be available during booking or check-in for an additional cost.
- 18-hole golf course
- Full-service spa
- Five restaurants
- Heated indoor pool
- Tennis center
- Arcade/game room
- WiFi included in resort fee
- Golf pro shop and gift shop
- Promotional value expires Mar 29, 2014. Amount paid never expires.
- Must book by 3/28/14 or promotional value expires
- Must complete travel by 4/30/14
- Not valid 1/30/14-1/31/14, 2/5/14-2/6/14, 2/14/14-2/15/14, 3/20/14-3/21/14, 4/10/14-4/11/14, 4/18/14-4/19/14, or 4/25/14-4/26/14
- Limit 3 per person
- Limit 3 per visit
- Valid only for option purchased
- Reservation required; subject to availability
- 24-hour cancellation notice or fee up to Groupon price applies
- Must be 18 or older to check in
- Credit card required at booking and check-in
- Not valid with reward points
- 10% tax not included.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Salishan Spa & Golf Resort
- By plane: 108 miles from Portland International Airport (PDX); 103 miles from Eugene Airport (EUG)
- By car: about 67 miles of west of Salem; about 97 miles southwest of Portland