Hotel at a Glance: Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos
At this all-inclusive resort in Cabo San Lucas, a string of palm-lined swimming pools and jacuzzis leads from the hotel to the beach, where grass-roof palapas look out onto the Sea of Cortez. As a guest, you’ll have exclusive access to these sun-kissed lounging spots and the attentive waiter service and group activities that come with them. The all-inclusive package covers all meals and alcoholic beverages, leaving you free to eat and drink to your heart’s content.
- Ocean-view junior suites feature balconies overlooking the beach with partial or full views of the Pacific.
- All-inclusive dining options: Don Diego’s international buffet, fresh seafood at Blue Marlin, and gourmet desserts at the Cupcake Café
- Motorized watersports including surfing and scuba diving are offered for an additional fee.
- Onsite spa: Carved into natural rock, the facility offers soothing treatments such as shiatsu massage and after-sun facials.
- Tour desk concierge: Set up snorkeling, boating, and parasailing excursions, among other adventures.
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico: Watersports, White-Sand Beaches, and Festive Parties
Located at the southern tip of the Baja California peninsula in Mexico and 10 degrees below the Tropic of Cancer, Cabo San Lucas enjoys pleasant temperatures all year round. Just south of town, the white-sand Lover's Beach (or Playa del Amor) is frequented by sea lions, and, depending on the season, humpback whales. It's a popular spot for snorkeling, scuba diving, and swimming. Tour boats and water taxis regularly zip from Cabo to Lover's Beach and the neighboring El Arco, an arch-shaped granite rock formation that has become Cabo's unofficial symbol.
Surrounding the marina waterfront, downtown Cabo buzzes 24 hours a day with visitors sampling local tequilas and fresh, grilled seafood. Slip into one of the trendy restaurants near the marina to try chicharrones—fried pork rinds—and chiles en nogada—poblano chilis topped in a walnut cream sauce. The tourist district is also filled with nightclubs and cantinas catering to every kind of visitor, whether they're looking for conga lines or jazz.