What You Get
Stay for four in any room
- Option 1: $69.99 for a 1-night stay, valid for travel 11/29/16–12/31/16, valid for check-in any day (up to $159.99 value)
- Option 2: $229 for a 1-night stay with Christmas package, valid for travel 11/29/16–12/17/16, valid for check-in Friday or Saturday; not valid for Sunday–Thursday stays (up to $352.59 value)
- Option 3: $299 for a 2-night stay with Christmas package, valid for travel 11/29/16–12/17/16, valid for check-in Friday or Saturday; not valid for Sunday–Thursday stays (up to $512.58 value)
Included in Options 2 and 3 per stay:
- Breakfast for four
- Dinner for four
- One car for Santa Claus Land of Lights
- One certificate to Santa’s Candy Castle Elf Experience
- Visit with Santa for four (includes cookies, milk, coffee, crafts, and photos)
Policies and Fees
Book by: 12/17/16 or 12/31/16, depending on option purchased
Travel: 11/29/16–12/17/16 or 11/29/16–12/31/16, depending on option purchased.
- Cancellation policy & fees: 72-hour cancellation notice required or fee of up to the Groupon price applies.
- Taxes: 12% tax not included.
Hotel at a Glance: Santa’s Lodge
It feels like Christmastime at Santa’s Lodge no matter what the calendar says. Inside the lobby, a 37-foot-high vaulted ceiling—hand-hewn from the timbers of a 19th-century barn that once stood on the property—soars over festive decorations, including Christmas trees, Santa Claus statues, a horse-drawn sleigh, and two stories worth of antiques. A stay at Santa’s Lodge is the perfect way to get in the holiday spirit in the weeks leading up to Christmas.
- Meet Santa: If you choose the Christmas package, your stay comes with a meet-and-greet with Kris Kringle himself, which includes milk, cookies, and Christmas crafts for four.
- Naughty or nice?: The Christmas package comes with one certificates to Santa’s Candy Castle Elf Experience, where you can find out which list you’re on this year.
- Yuletide fare is on the menu at St. Nick’s Restaurant, you can dine on traditional yuletide fare while seated beneath antique lanterns and decorative fir boughs. Select options of this deal comes with one dinner and breakfast for four.
- Grab a brew at Blitzen’s Bar.
- Nearby attraction: Land of Lights, a holiday light show hosted at a campground less than a mile away. Along a 1.2-mile stretch of road, twinkling lights and animated displays tell the classic Christmas tale of Rudolph. The Christmas package gets you admission for one car.
Santa Claus, Indiana: Year-Round Festive Cheer in Historical Town
According to local legend, the early settlers of present-day Santa Claus had a problem: every time they agreed upon a name for the town, they’d discover it was already taken. In fact, the small community was known as the “nameless town” until Christmas Eve of 1852. On that wintry night, the villagers were debating names in a log-cabin church, when a gust of wind blew open the door. The unmistakable sound of sleigh bells could be heard over the falling snow. The children cried out, “Santa Claus!” and the town finally had a name. Each December, the Santa Claus Post Office is flooded with hundreds of thousands of letters addressed to ol’ St. Nick. Each letter received by December 21 receives a reply.
Naturally, the town—which is Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler’s hometown—is a magnet for all things Christmas. Built in the mid-1930s as part of a now-defunct holiday theme park, Santa’s Candy Castle remains a local landmark. Here you can buy gourmet candy canes, hot chocolate, and other handmade confections. Pop into the Santa Claus Museum to learn more about the history of the town through documents, photos, and artifacts.
- Click here for specific room details.
- Bedding Varies
- Standard occupancy: 4
- Maximum occupancy: 8
- Adding occupants above standard: No charge
- Check in: 3 p.m.
- Check out: 11 a.m.
- Parking: free
- Rollaways: not available
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property
- Pet policy: pets are not allowed inside the property.
- Accessibility: handicap-accessible rooms are available.
- Room upgrades: not available
- Onsite restaurant
- Indoor pool and whirlpool
- Complimentary WiFi
The Fine Print
- Expiration varies. Amount paid never expires.
- Must book by 12/17/16 or 12/31/16, depending on option purchased, or promotional value expires
- Valid for travel 11/29/16–12/17/16 or 11/29/16–12/31/16, depending on option purchased
- Limit 2 per person, may buy 2 additional as gifts
- Limit 2 per visit
- Valid only for option purchased
- Reservation required, subject to availability; contact Santa's Lodge at (812) 937-1902 for specific availability
- 72-hour cancellation notice required or fee of up to the Groupon price applies
- Must be 18+ to check in
- Credit card required at booking and check-in
- Must use promotional value in 1 visit
- Not valid with reward points
- 12% tax not included.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Santa's Lodge
- Nearest airports: Evansville Regional Airport (EVV; about 46 miles), Louisville International Airport (SDF; about 81 miles)
- Distance from Evansville: about 42 miles