7-Day Vacation in Portugal's Capital City
Lisbon is one of the oldest cities in Europe, predating London, Paris, and Rome by several centuries. Many of the city’s top attractions have a timeless quality about them, including ancient churches such as Se Cathedral. You can see many of Lisbon's major sites aboard Tram Line 28, an antique yellow tramcar that winds through the Arab Quarter, the downtown district of Baixa, and the nightlife hubs of Chiado and Bairro Alto.
This vacation includes:
- Round-trip airfare from BOS, LGA, DCA, or SFO
- Alternate departure dates/gateways may be available for an additional fee.
- 6 nights' standard accommodations at Hotel Açores Lisboa
- Daily breakfast
- Torre de Belém is a 16th-century stone tower at the entrance to Lisbon’s harbor. Climb to the top for sweeping views.
- Feel the music: Fado is a folk music style characterized by soulful tunes and melancholy lyrics. Singers pour their hearts out at clubs and restaurants such as Café Luso in the Bairro Alto neighborhood.
- Budget-friendly travel: U.S. News & World Report named Lisbon the best affordable European destination in 2012.
- Blend in with the locals: Catch a soccer match between city rivals Benfica and Sporting, or don red or green (the teams' respective colors) and head to an outdoor sports bar.
- Prime surfing and sunbathing can be had at Guincho Beach, located below the cliffs outside Cascais. Buses departing from downtown Lisbon will get you here in about 20 minutes.
- Hidden gem: The Dr. Anastácio Gonçalves museum is considered one of the most beautiful Art Nouveau buildings in the country. Inside you’ll find 19th-century Portuguese paintings, Chinese porcelain, and Dutch furniture.
Hotel Açores Lisboa
Located about a 20-minute walk northwest of downtown, this four-star hotel offers modern accommodations close to the heart of the city. The hotel is within walking distance of the Praça de Espanha metro and bus stations. Chic guest rooms are equipped with cable TV and WiFi. There’s an onsite restaurant and bar serving regional dishes.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much would it cost to fly from an airport not listed as part of this deal?
A Groupon must be purchased from the available options. To add on a different airport to connect with the cities listed prices will vary with availability.
Can we extend our trip before or after the promotional dates for the deal?
The offer is for the selected periods only. SATA cannot guarantee air availability or hotel accommodation outside of these periods.
How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available?
Please call SATA at 800-762-9995.
What happens if I buy the Groupon and my travel dates are not available?
Your Groupon will be refunded.
Does my child need a Groupon, and can they stay in my room?
Yes, each person needs a Groupon. Rooms can accommodate up to 3 people.