Romantic Hideaway amid Vineyards and 20 Acres of Verdant Hills
A secluded road leads to Serenity Farmhouse Inn's main building, where the front porch looks out on more than 20 acres of hills dotted with wildflowers. The pastoral setting in Texas Hill Country has a storybook quality that extends to the cottages, which are decorated with fresh flowers and vintage furnishings. In the courtyard, you might see a small cow, a donkey, or other farm animals grazing. It’s a charming setting for a romantic getaway. With this deal, you'll get a romance package that includes wine, an appetizer at a local bistro, and a bath tray with homemade soap and bath salts. You'll also receive a list of area wineries and vineyards that you can use to take a self-guided tour around Texas Hill Country.
Each cottage is outfitted with a large whirlpool tub. In the White Willow unit, willow branches frame a canopy bed trimmed with vines and florets. Hand-painted furnishings and a stained-glass window enhance the intimate atmosphere. In the Poet's cottage, an old-fashioned oil lantern glows near a library stocked with love sonnets.
In the morning, enjoy an in-room breakfast that features fresh fruit and eggs from local farms. You can also pay a visit to massage therapist Sherry Elkin for a couples massage infused with aromatic oils.
Highlights of Wimberley, Texas
- Conveniently located in Texas Hill Country, between Austin and San Antonio
- Ranches and wineries are scattered across the rolling hills that give the region its name (and earned praise in the New York Times).
- Kayaking and fishing in the Blanco River are popular pastimes.
- Art galleries and craft boutiques showcase the work of local artisans.
- Less humid than other parts of Texas, thanks to slightly higher elevation