Hotel at a Glance: Service Plus Inn and Suites
Service Plus Inn and Suites has taken home a slew of awards in recognition of its exceptional housekeeping and kid-friendly amenities. Nightlife is just a complimentary shuttle ride away at the Deerfoot Inn & Casino, located next door.
- Hit the jackpot at the Deerfoot Inn & Casino; a complimentary shuttle makes getting there easy.
- Start the day right at the complimentary hot breakfast buffet, which features scrambled eggs, breakfast meats, hash browns, and more.
- 100-foot water slide: Kids will love the indoor pool and its huge water slide; adults may prefer the hot tub.
- Break a sweat in the fitness center.
- Optional Winter package includes breakfast for four, soda and popcorn for four, and four tickets to a select local attraction, including Calgary Zoo, Canada’s Sports Hall of Fame, and more.
Calgary, Alberta: Glitzy City at the Base of the Canadian Rockies
After oil reserves were discovered in 1947, things around Calgary changed in a hurry. The city’s quaint downtown sprouted skyscrapers, and more than half a million new residents arrived to claim their piece of the pie. Later, the 1988 Winter Olympics made Calgary a household name. You can learn more about C-Town’s recent history at the popular Glenbow Museum.
There’s lots of nature to enjoy in town, too. Start at the Calgary Zoo, Canada’s most-visited zoo, which houses 120 species in enclosures inspired by the animals’ natural habitats. Cyclists, joggers, and swimmers flock to Fish Creek Provincial Park, one of the largest urban green spaces in North America. To mix with locals, spend an afternoon at the beach at Sikome Lake.