Hotel at a Glance: Shaw Park Beach Hotel
With a private location on Jamaica’s Cutlass Bay and renowned al fresco dining, the Shaw Park Beach Hotel is a popular choice for weddings and honeymoons. As part of this all-inclusive package, you’ll have access to non-motorized sports including kayaking and snorkeling, and three meals a day at The Palm Room Gourmet Restaurant, whose signature dishes are change frequently, but are always served in an intimate dining environment.
- A room with a view: all rooms and suites have private terraces with spectacular views of the Caribbean
- Lounge: by the hotel pool or on the golden-sand beach
- Smiley the bartender: shakes his famous tropical drinks at the Terrace Bar, which looks out onto the Caribbean Sea
- Optional day tours: Explore Jamaica via a rafting trip on the White River or a visit sites such as Shaw Park Botanical Gardens
- Distance to Dunn’s River Falls: 4.5 miles
Ocho Rios, Jamaica: Famed Waterfall and World-Class Shopping
When inaugural Bond girl Ursula Andress emerged from the waves off the shores of Ocho Rios, she captured the appeal of Jamaica’s north coast in just a few frames. That iconic scene from Dr. No showed off the region’s green landscapes, rolling hills, and palm-studded beaches. The picturesque scenery hasn’t changed much since the movie was shot here in the 1960s. Visitors today can even visit some of the film's locations, including James Bond Beach and Dunn's River Falls—a famous waterfall made up of huge natural stairs. On a guided tour, you can scale the 600-foot falls and splash in the cool mountain water. There’s also a beach at the base of the falls where you can bask in the sun.
Other outdoor adventures can be found in the colorful world beneath the ocean. Dive sites such as Devil's Reef can put you into a world of eels, corals, nurse sharks, and barracuda. For a look at Jamaica’s rainforest, drive south of Ocho Rios to Fern Gully, a scenic drive through a canyon shaded by a canopy of ferns, trees, and lianas. Ocho Rios also has several local vendors with handcrafted goods—but expect to have to haggle a little bit.