Explore India’s Capital and the Taj Mahal
India is world famous for its stunning architecture and vibrant culture. You’ll experience both on this tour of some of the country’s most famous cities and attractions—including Delhi and the Taj Mahal—guided by English-speaking tour directors and local guides. You’ll also get to enjoy some distinctly Indian experiences, such as riding an elephant to an ancient fort and strolling through a street bazaar. This tour from smarTours includes:
Flights & Transportation:
- Round-trip airfare from New York (JFK)
- Airline taxes, fees and fuel surcharges
- Intra-India ground transportation
- For additional departure airports/pricing, contact smarTours at 800-337-7773.
- Airline & flight times determined at time of booking
Hotels (6 nights + 1 overnight flight)
- 2 nights of accommodations at Park Hotel in Delhi
- 2 nights of accommodations at The Gateway Hotel or Hotel Clarks Shiraz in Agra
- 2 nights of accommodations at Park Regis Jaipur in Jaipur
Attractions & Meals
- Daily breakfast buffet and a farewell dinner
- Comprehensive sightseeing tours including entrance fees
- Experienced English-speaking tour director and local guides
- Taj Mahal: This UNESCO World Heritage site was built by Emperor Shah Jahan for his beloved wife Mumtaz Mahal in the 17th century.
- Red Fort: Though converted into barracks by the British, this 17th-century fortress retains much of its original splendor, from scalloped archways to impressive bridges.
- The Pink City: Jaipur’s nickname comes from its beautiful pink sandstone buildings, such as the Hawa Mahal.
Itinerary at a Glance
- Day 1: Take an overnight flight to Delhi, India.
- Day 2: Arrive in Delhi, and follow your tour director on a short orientation walk exploring Connaught Place.
- Day 3: Embark on a guided tour visiting Old and New Delhi’s major attractions, including India’s largest mosque, a memorial to Mahatma Gandhi, and Red Fort.
- Day 4: Make your way to Agra, then enjoy an afternoon at leisure.
- Day 5: Follow your guide through the fabled Taj Mahal, a 17th century white marble mausoleum built for Queen Mumtaz Mahal.
- Day 6: Visit Fatehpur Sikri before heading to your hotel in Jaipur, then explore a local bazaar.
- Day 7: Go on an elephant ride up to Amber Fort, the ancient capital of Rajasthan, then spend the rest of your day at leisure in Jaipur.
- Day 8: Enjoy more leisure time before your overnight flight back to the USA.
How to Book
1. Choose departure city and dates from drop-down menus or “See Options” button.
2. Complete your order; a confirmation email is sent after your order processes.
3. Book your trip: Go to your account to view your voucher for smarTours contact and redemption instructions. Book by 8/31/17.
Each person must buy a voucher; price is based on two people traveling together and sharing a room. Additional $299 (1/24/18-3/28/18) or $199 (4/11/18-5/2/18) fee to travel solo.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much would it cost to fly from an airport not listed as part of this deal? smarTours encourages each traveler to find the best airfare option.
2. Can we extend our trip before or after the promotional dates for the deal? Unfortunately, there are no extensions available for this deal.
3. How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available? Either through this voucher page or by giving smarTours a call at 800-337-7773.
4. What happens if I buy the voucher and my travel dates are not available? You can either choose another date or be refunded. We suggest calling smarTours to redeem your vouchers as soon as possible to reserve your spot and avoid this issue.
5. Does my child need a voucher, and can they stay in my room? Each individual passenger requires a voucher, regardless of age.