South Africa Trip with Game Drive
On this 9-day adventure, you’ll get the chance to explore one of South Africa’s largest cities, Cape Town, on your own before heading deep into the countryside to Kruger National Park. Here, you’ll go on full-day game drive in an open vehicle, keeping your eyes peeled for members of the Big Five: lions, elephants, buffaloes, rhinos, and leopards. This vacation from smarTours includes:
Flights & Transportation:
- Round-trip airfare from New York (JFK)
- Intra-South Africa flight and ground transportation
- Airline taxes & fuel surcharges
- For additional departure airports/pricing, contact smarTours at 800-337-7773
- Airline & flight times determined at time of booking
Hotels (6 nights + 2 overnight flight)
- 4 nights of accommodations at Southern Sun Cape Sun Hotel in Cape Town
- 2 nights of accommodations at Premier Hotel The Winkler in Kruger National Park
Attractions & Meals
- Eight meals: six buffet breakfasts and two dinners
- Cape Town guided orientation tour
- Full-day open-vehicle guided safari in Kruger National Park
- Kruger Park admission fee
- Experienced English-speaking tour guide on the safari and in Cape Town
Optional Tours & Upgrades
- Half-day city and Table Mountain tour, during which you’ll ride a cable car to the top of Table Mountain to soak in scenic views on day 3 (approx. $39/person, plus cable car ticket fee)
- Half-day cultural heritage and township tour on day 3 (approx. $48/person)
- Full-day Cape Peninsula tour takes you on a drive to Cape of Good Hope Nature Reserve, where you’ll see rich flora and possibly wildlife on day 4 (approx. $80/person)
- Winelands tour explores the picturesque wine region on day 5 (approx. $58/person)
- Robben Island tour brings tourists to the maximum security prison where Nelson Mandela was jailed on day 5 (approx. $30/person)
Itinerary at a Glance
- Day 1: Depart for South Africa.
- Day 2: Arrive at your upscale seaside hotel in Cape Town, then take a guided orientation tour of the city.
- Days 3–5: Enjoy three full days at leisure or embark on any of the optional excursions.
- Day 6: Board a short flight to Johannesburg, then make your way to your hotel in Kruger National Park.
- Day 7: Go on a full-day game drive through Kruger National Park, where you’ll see native wildlife from the safety of an open vehicle.
- Day 8: Head Johannesburg Airport and board your return flight home.
- Day 9: Arrive back in the USA.
How to Book
1. Choose departure city and dates from drop-down menus or “See Options” button.
2. Complete your order; a confirmation email is sent after your order processes.
3. Book your trip: Go to your account to view your voucher for smarTours contact and redemption instructions. Book by 8/10/17.
Each person must buy a voucher; price is based on two people traveling together and sharing a room. Additional $250 fee to travel solo.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much would it cost to fly from an airport not listed as part of this deal? Airfare is only available from New York (JFK) for this deal.
2. Can we extend our trip before or after the promotional dates for the deal? Unfortunately, there are no extensions available for this deal.
3. How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available? Either through this voucher page or by giving smarTours a call at 800-337-7773.
4. What happens if I buy the voucher and my travel dates are not available? You can either choose another date or be refunded. We suggest calling smarTours to redeem your vouchers as soon as possible to reserve your spot and avoid this issue.
5. Does my child need a voucher, and can they stay in my room? Each individual passenger requires a voucher, regardless of age.