Visit Thailand’s Temples and Meet Elephants in Chiang Mai
Bangkok’s skyscrapers and Buddhist temples characterize a key dichotomy of Thailand: fast-paced modernism set against sacred tradition. This 14-day tour takes you to Bangkok, Chiang Mai, and Thailand’s countryside; you’ll see temples and ancient ruins, meet elephants, and visit bustling markets. An English-speaking tour guide will be on hand to acquaint you with each destination, and you’ll stay at first-class hotels each night. This tour from smarTours includes:
Flights & Transportation:
- Round-trip airfare from
- Los Angeles (LAX)
- New York (JFK)
- Airline taxes & fuel surcharges
- Intra-Thailand flight and ground transportation
- Round-trip transfers
- For land-only pricing, contact smarTours at (800) 337-7773.
- Airline & flight times determined at time of booking
Hotels (11 nights + 2 overnight flight)
- 4 nights of accommodations at the Menam Riverside Hotel in Bangkok
- 1 night of accommodations at the Topland Plaza Hotel in Phitsanulok
- 1 night of accommodations at the Lampang Wianglakorn Hotel in Lampang
- 2 nights of accommodations at the Phowadol Resort & Spa in Chiang Rai
- 3 nights of accommodations at the Centara Duang Tawan HotelChiang Mai in Chiang Mai
Attractions & Meals
- Daily buffet breakfast
- Welcome dinner in Bangkok
- Cooking class with dinner in Chiang Mai
- Sightseeing tours as per itinerary
- Professional English-speaking tour director throughout
- Bangkok temple tour: This tour includes stops at Wat Po, where you’ll see the 150-foot long Reclining Buddha, and the White Marble Temple.
- Boat ride on the Mekong River: View breathtaking scenery as the boat glides toward the Golden Triangle, the place where Thailand, Burma, and Laos meet.
- Elephant camp: In Chiang Mai, get up close and personal with these gentle giants during this included excursion.
Optional Tours & Upgrades
- Floating Market and Phra Pathom Chedi tour on day 4 ($40/person)
- Mae Kok River boat trip and Hilltribe tour, where you’ll learn about the local culture and observe colorful costumes on day 9 ($32/person)
- Chiang Mai morning city/temple tour visits Wat Doi Suthep, located in the mountains, on day 12 ($28/person)
Itinerary at a Glance
- Day 1: Depart the United States on an overnight flight in a wide-body jet.
- Day 2: Arrive in Bangkok.
- Day 3: After an orientation breakfast, view a 5-ton solid-gold Buddha statue during a tour of Buddhist temples.
- Days 4 and 5: Enjoy a few free days to explore Bangkok at your own pace.
- Day 6: Visit the ancient capital Ayutthaya before making your way to the Bronze Case Factory in Phitsanulok.
- Day 7: Walk through the ruins of the 13th century capital of Siam in Sukhothai before an overnight stay in Lampang.
- Day 8: Visit a local paper- and ceramic-making village, and take a small boat trip on the Mekong River toward the Golden Triangle.
- Day 9: Enjoy a day at leisure in Chiang Rai.
- Day 10: Travel to Chiang Mai for an afternoon at leisure.
- Day 11: Learn about agriculture and make friends with elephants at an elephant camp.
- Days 12 and 13: Use these free days to relax, shop, or embark on other independent pursuits.
- Day 14: Fly back to the United States.
How to Book
1. Choose departure city and dates from drop-down menus or “See Options” button.
2. Complete your order; a confirmation email is sent after your order processes.
3. Book your trip: Go to the My Groupons section of your account and select View Voucher for smarTours contact and redemption instructions. Book by 3/30/17.
Each person must buy a Groupon; price is based on two people traveling together and sharing a room. Additional $279 fee to travel solo.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much would it cost to fly from an airport not listed as part of this deal? smarTours encourages each traveler to find the best airfare option. Traveling by land-only is also an option available by calling smarTours.
2. Can we extend our trip before or after the promotional dates for the deal? Unfortunately, there are no extensions available for this deal
3. How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available? Either through this Groupon page or by giving smarTours a call at 800-337-7773.
4. What happens if I buy the Groupon and my travel dates are not available? You can either choose another date or be refunded by Groupon. We suggest calling smarTours to redeem your vouchers as soon as possible to reserve your spot and avoid this issue.
5. Does my child need a Groupon, and can they stay in my room? Each individual passenger requires a Groupon, regardless of age.
6. Is the price advertised available on every date? Airfare subject to availability. Additional fees may apply for some departure dates. Contact smarTours for details.