Top Reasons to Visit Sonora Inn
- Built in 1896 as a Victorian hotel, this historic bed and breakfast located in the Sierra Nevada foothills has since been remodeled in the California Mission style with Spanish tiled roofs and arched walkways.
- The property has welcomed a number of Hollywood starlets over the years, including Drew Barrymore, who stayed here during the filming of Bad Girls, and actress and former Princess of Monaco Grace Kelly.
- Newly remodeled in 2012, guest rooms have new carpeting, new beds, and flat-screen TVs. Floral linens and white shutters retain the rooms’ elegant country style.
- The hotel is 5 miles from Columbia State Historic Park, where visitors can experience the former mining town’s old gold-rush-era days by making candles, panning for gold, and riding through town on a horse-drawn carriage.
- The surrounding area offers several recreational opportunities. Ski and snowboard at the 852-acre Dodge Ridge ski resort, located less than an hour away. When it’s warmer, there are fishing creeks and golf courses tucked amid the mountain landscape.
- Sonora’s historic main street is lined with antique shops, bakeries, and gourmet wine bars. The hotel also puts guests about an hour from Yosemite National Park.