Top Reasons to Visit The Inn and Spa at Parkside
- The Mediterranean-style mansion was originally built in 1936.
- The hotel has a prime location in downtown Sacramento, overlooking Southside Park.
- You'll be within walking distance of Old Sacramento, Midtown, and the Capitol Building.
- The hotel serves a complimentary two-course breakfast and hosts a nightly social hour with a gourmet cheese platter and nonalcoholic refreshments.
- Extravagant spa rooms—the Dream, Lounge, Kiss, Refresh, and Happiness—feature deep jetted jacuzzi tubs and unique amenities such as fireplaces, flat-screen TVs, marble shower fixtures, and more.
- The onsite spa offers a wide range of treatments, from massages to facials.
Old Sacramento, California: Old West–Style Town with Rich Gold-Rush History
During the gold rush, Sacramento—now California's capital city—was alive with activity. Locomotives chugged along the transcontinental railroad, riverboats steamed through the Sacramento River, and miners trekked underground in search of gold. Today, Old Sacramento maintains that rustic, Old West aesthetic. Nineteenth-century buildings line its cobblestone streets, and you can still hitch a ride on a horse-drawn wagon.
Relics of other eras are scattered throughout the city as well—restored locomotives from the Civil War populate the California State Railroad Museum, and antique gold scales and gilded harnesses are on display at the Wells Fargo Museum. Ten feet below the city's wooden sidewalks, you can take an underground tour that explores Old Sacramento's original foundation. It was built before the city streets were elevated as a precaution against rising river waters and grabby river monsters.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.