Quaint Jacuzzi Cottages with Views of Surrounding Countryside
Spruce Hill Inn & Cottages is set on 23 wooded acres in Ohio's countryside. In the spring and summer, rolling hills in the distance are blanketed in greenery. Though the scenery changes with the seasons, the objective remains the same: to relax and get close to nature in a quiet, secluded environment.
Spruce Hill's 28 private cottages sit along winding paths on a hilltop. They all feature sitting areas with windows or private decks that look out to the countryside; some face the neighboring mountains, and others look out onto a tranquil pond. Though the views vary from cottage to cottage, each A-frame dwelling comes stocked with similar homey amenities, including dining areas, fireplaces, and jacuzzi tubs.
Highlights of Mansfield, Ohio
- Hilly landscape: In a region covered with flat farmland, the city stands out: it has many peaks that reach as high as 1,400 feet.
- On the silver screen: It’s been the setting for major motion pictures including Air Force One, Tango & Cash, and The Shawshank Redemption.
- Behind bars: Built in 1886, the Ohio State Reformatory no longer houses inmates, but it's still open for overnight ghost hunts as well as ghost tours, which Frommer's called among the best in the country.
- Round and round: The town's Historic Carrousel District is home to Richland Carrousel Park, an indoor merry-go-round adorned with 30 horses and 22 other intricate animal figures.
- B&O Trail: Take advantage of golf, biking, and hiking opportunities along its 18 miles.
- Snow Trails Ski Resort: During the winter, skiers, boarders, and tubers flock to one of Ohio’s few skiing destinations.