Historic Boutique Inn near Niagara Falls
The Stone Mill Inn is a relative newcomer, but the building that houses it is much older. It was built in 1860 to serve as a cotton mill—the structure was one of the first of its kind in Canada. Today, the architectural beauty of the historic structure has been restored; as you stroll through the halls of the inn, you’ll notice wrought-iron gates, original stonework, and a grand staircase modeled after the ones on the Titanic.
The inn is just 15 miles west of Niagara Falls—a convenient location for exploring the region. In addition to the famous waterfalls, the area is known for its collection of wineries. With this deal, you’ll get a chance to experience some of them for yourself; tastings at Konzelmann Estate Winery, Palatine Hills Estate Winery, and Small Talk Vineyards are included.
You’ll also get a $20 dining credit to use at the inn’s onsite restaurant, Johnny Rocco’s Italian Grill. Offerings here include tapas, handcrafted pizzas, hearty pastas, and sizzling entrees such as cedar salmon and New York steak. Across the street, Keg Steakhouse Bar & Grill offers prime rib, seafood, and sirloin.
Each of the inn’s 34 suites is unique and contemporary; some units feature exposed brick walls and dark leather furniture. King suites are decked out with flat-screen TVs, mini fridges, and Keurig coffeemakers. Downstairs, you can get a massage, facial, or salon services at Azura Spa + Hair Studio.
St. Catharines, Ontario: Historic Port City on Lake Ontario near Niagara Falls
The city of St. Catharines sits along a harbor located between Lake Ontario and Niagara Falls. There are galleries, restaurants, and boutiques along the pier, which is bookended by two lighthouses dating back to the 19th century. At Lakeside Park, you can ride the famous Lakeside Park Carousel. Less than 4 miles (6 km) north is the Lock 3 Museum & Viewing Deck for the Welland canals system of locks that extend all the way from Lake Ontario to Lake Erie.
The area around St. Catharines is a globally recognized cool-climate region for winemaking. Nutrient-rich sediment from the surrounding Great Lakes helps winemakers produce top-notch rieslings, chardonnays, and pinot noirs. Several nearby wineries host tastings and tours.
Located about 15 miles east of St. Catharines, Niagara Falls straddles the Canada-U.S. border. There are segments of the falls located in both New York and Ontario, but the Canadian side of the Niagara River is universally hailed as the finest vantage point to take in all three of Niagara Falls’ photogenic brinks: American, Bridal Veil, and Horseshoe Falls. Niagara Boat Tours ferry raincoat-clad passengers around the base of the falls from April through October, depending on the river’s ice conditions.
What You Get
1-night stay for two in a king suite
- Option 1: $117 to check in Sunday–Friday; not valid for Saturday stays (up to a $149 value)
- Option 2: $145 for a wine package, valid for check-in Sunday–Friday; not valid for Saturday stays (up to a $229 value)
Included in Wine Package:
- Bottle of wine
- $20 dining credit for Johnny Rocco’s Italian Grill
- A wine tasting at Konzelmann Estate Winery, Palatine Hills Estate Winery, and Small Talk Vineyards
Policies and Fees
Book by: 8/14/15
Travel by: 9/30/15
- Blackout dates: Not valid for travel 6/19, 6/20, 6/27, 7/17, 7/18, 7/25, 8/1, 8/8, 8/14, 8/15, 8/20–8/22, 9/4, 9/5, 9/11, 9/12, 9/18, 9/19, or 9/26/15.
- Cancellation policy & fees: 72-hour cancellation notice required or fee of applicable 1-night’s stay up to the Groupon price applies.
- Taxes: 13% tax not included
Amenities and Room Details
- Complimentary WiFi
- Complimentary parking
- One king bed and one sleeper sofa
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 4
- Adding occupants above standard: $20 per night for each additional guest 18 or older; kids 17 or younger stay free
- Check in: 3 p.m.
- Check out: 11 a.m.
- Parking: free
- Rollaways: not available
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property
- Pet policy: pets are not allowed inside the property.
- Accessibility: handicap-accessible rooms are not available with suites.
- Room upgrades: upgrades may be available during booking or at check-in for an additional cost.
- Nearest airport: Niagara Falls International Airport (IAG; 17 mi or 27 km)
- Cab fare: about $50 from IAG
The Fine Print
- Promotional value expires Aug 14, 2015. Amount paid never expires.
- Must book by 8/14/15 or promotional value expires
- Must complete travel by 9/30/15
- Not valid for travel 6/19, 6/20, 6/27, 7/17, 7/18, 7/25, 8/1, 8/8, 8/14, 8/15, 8/20–8/22, 9/4, 9/5, 9/11, 9/12, 9/18, 9/19, or 9/26/15
- Limit 5 per person, may buy 3 additional as gifts
- Limit 3 per visit
- Valid only for option purchased
- Reservation required, subject to availability
- 72-hour cancellation notice required or fee of applicable to 1-night's stay up to the Groupon price applies
- Must be 19 or older to check in and consume alcohol
- Credit card required at booking and check-in
- Must use promotional value in 1 visit
- Not valid with reward points
- 13% tax not included.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
- A passport is required for all travel outside the U.S.
- Before international travel, always check the State Department’s website for important info on the destination and its entry/exit requirements.