Hotel at a Glance: Sunshine Coast Resort
Sunshine Coast Resort is appropriately located on Canada's Sunshine Coast, a year-round destination along the west coast that's known for outdoor pursuits thanks to its balmy summers and moderate winters. No matter which guest room you stay in, you'll have views of scenic Pender Harbour.
- In-room amenities: Superior one-bedroom suites and executive cottages each have a kitchen and a separate living area with a fireplace; each executive cottage also has a private outdoor hot tub.
- Pamper yourself with spa services such as massages, facials, or manicures and pedicures; some deals include a $40 spa credit.
- Relax in the outdoor hot tub, located on the sun deck.
- Occupy the little ones with an outdoor playground and trampoline.
- Sightseeing cruises take you through nearby inlets and sounds, where you can see native wildlife and learn about the area's history.
Madeira Park, British Columbia: Outdoorsy Hub on Canada's Sunshine Coast
Unlike its Portuguese namesake, Canada's Madeira Park isn't an island—it's tethered to the mainland by a small strip of land. But like its European counterpart, Madeira Park is surrounded by water and enjoys a temperate climate with plenty of sunshine. The community is a small port of call on Pender Harbour, but it's considered somewhat of a commercial hub. Here, cruises depart daily on sightseeing tours, often headed toward the glacial fjords of Princess Louisa Inlet and the thundering cascades known as Chatterbox Falls. In warmer months, the seaside town is a popular jumping-off place for scuba-diving excursions in the surrounding bays. If you prefer to stay on land, a 30-minute hike leads to the top of Pender Hill Park, where physical exertion is rewarded with panoramic views of the harbor.