Getaway at a Glance: Sunshine Houseboat Vacations
Sunshine Houseboat Vacations operates a fleet of 15 houseboats out of a full-service marina on Lake Koocanusa in Cranbrook, British Columbia. All of the boats included with this deal come with a microwave, oven, electric fridge, hot tub, and water slide off the top deck. Some of them also feature rear deck showers, wheelchair accessibility, and fireplaces. Each option includes propane, insurance, and fuel.
- Sandy beaches: Lake Koocanusa is surrounded by a sandy shoreline, 90% of which is accessible to boats.
- Head to the rooftop deck to sunbathe or stargaze.
- Secluded location: Typically, there's only one houseboat per every 6 miles (10 km) of shoreline.
- Warm waters: In the summer, the average water temperature is 74 degrees Fahrenheit (24 degrees Celsius).
- Watersports: You can also rent canoes, kayaks, pontoon boats, Sea Doos, and other vessels during your vacation.
Cranbrook, British Columbia: Scenic Vistas and Charming Mountain Villages
Tucked within a broad basin in British Columbia's East Kootenay region, Cranbrook is framed by the Canadian Rockies and the Purcell Mountains. This dramatic landscape is on full display at Cranbrook's Elizabeth Lake Sanctuary, a 15-acre wildlife reserve known for its big-game herds, migratory waterfowl, and plastic-flamingo populations. Trails wend around the lake through wetlands and a forest, where visitors may glimpse western painted turtles, coyotes, elk, and moose.