What You'll Get
Top Reasons to Stay at The Capri Hotel
- The chic hotel resides in the Ojai Valley, amid views of the Topa Topa Mountains and a short drive from the Pacific Ocean.
- From the retro sign outside to the lobby’s button-back white sofas, this boutique hotel exudes vintage style. But its recently overhauled guest rooms still have plenty of modern comforts, including 42-inch plasma TVs and iPod docking stations. Each room has a patio or balcony with expansive vistas of the mountains or the landscaped garden.
- Guests can access The Capri’s extensive DVD library of more than 400 titles. Complimentary bike rentals provide an opportunity to get outside and take in the Ojai Valley.
- For a bit of R & R, indulge in a hot-stone massage from the onsite massage therapist or, weather permitting, take a dip in the outdoor pool.
- Less than five minutes away, downtown Ojai is lined with teahouses, boutiques, and art galleries.
Ojai, California: Artsy Small Town in Peaceful Mountain Valley
In Ojai at dusk, the light from the setting sun reflects off of the Topa Topa Mountains in such a way that the face of the mountains starts to glow with a distinctive rouge color. Locals call it the "pink moment," and Ojai is one of the few places in the world where this phenomenon occurs. You can get a nice view of this event at Meditation Mount, a New Age center.
Serenity and simplicity seem to be some of the defining characteristics of Ojai, contrasting it with sprawling Los Angeles, located about 90 minutes southeast. Ojai has just a handful of traffic lights and some well-kept bridle paths. The city also used to be home to the peaceful Chumash tribe, who believed that the land's east-west configuration gave it magical powers. Spiritual traditions still linger; today, the town features a number of spas, shops, and other sites dedicated to holistic healing and meditation.
Many restaurants in Ojai rely on local farms to source their food; the produce grown in town is well regarded enough that residents of neighboring towns have been known to travel to Ojai on Sunday mornings for the weekly farmers' market. There's also a strong artistic presence in town, due in no small part to former resident Beatrice Wood, a renowned sculptor who worked until her death at age 105. You’re likely to stumble upon the works of local artists hanging on the walls in the area's restaurants and shops, and many artists open up their studios to outside visitors.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Jun 15, 2013. Amount paid never expires. Must book by 6/14/13 or promotional value expires. Valid for travel 4/1/13-9/30/13. Not valid 4/6-4/13, 4/23-4/28, 5/24-5/27, 6/6-6/9, 6/28-6/29, 7/4-7/7, 8/30-9/2, 10/11-10/14. Limit 2 per person, may buy 2 additional as gifts. Limit 2 per visit. Valid only for option purchased. Reservation required, subject to availability. 72-hour cancellation notice required or fee of applicable one-night's stay up to the amount paid for Groupon applies. Must be 21 or older to check in and consume alcohol. Credit card required at booking and check-in. Not valid with Rewards points. 10% tax not included. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.